Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some intel/insight on owners who've swapped their stock rims for custom. I received my MB TKO wheels (see pic) and they're all black. With the stock "red" truck color, would you add a color/red stripe to rim. I'm thinking of rim tape, but the only width that works is 1/8", because of the wheel's design. What's your thought on adding 1/8" rim tape stripe to outer edge...yes or no? Thanks in advance.

MB-TKO.jpg

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
In my neck of the woods, I'm not so sure how the tape would hold up. Someone with paintshop skills might be able to put the tape on in a picture and see how it might go. I'll bet it would look pretty sharp.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
441 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those rims don't have a nice lip to adhere tape.
That's what I was wondering...it measures 1/4" across (flat) so that's why I thought (maybe) adding the 1/8" stripe would work. My thought was, for $27.27 shipped (all 4-rims), it was cheaper than professional pinstripe...

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I believe the red tape would just end up on the windshield wipers of the vehicle behind you while traveling down the interstate.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm getting my stock 16" aluminum rims powder coated this week (dark silver metallic) and will be wrapping the hub insert blue to match the paint, contemplating a blue stripe around the perimeter, not sure of size of stripe, 1/4", 3/8" any thoughts out there would be appreciated?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Okay, so your vot is no, I think you are right it may be too much, thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts