Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your diameter/width/offset, and how much do you rub the frame/swaybar while turning if at all? Stock or aftermarket front swaybar? What size tire and how much drop? KTHXBAI! :kiki:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Mine are 22x9.5 with a +18mm offset. I was told at the time I bought them that they were customized to fit the 355s better but I haven't noticed anywhere that they would have been milled down or anything. These do stick out. I have the ZQ8 flares now and they stick out maybe .25 of an inch. It doesn't look bad in my opinion. I do rub at full lock and when hitting big dips or bumps in the road but that's because of my tire size 265/35r22. When I had 255/30r22 I didn't have any problems as far as that goes.
What offset are the rims you bought?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're 18x10 +38, I'm mostly concerned with how badly they'll rub swaybar/frame. I don't know if they'll hit the lower control arm since they're a wide rim and not a large diameter, since nobody has tried anything this wide in an 18" wheel that I know of I don't think anyone will be able to answer that part. I'm going to take some measurements today to see how close it will be. By my math they'll stick out 1/2" farther than the stock wheels and the inner lip will be 1.5" farther in. I know there are some people out there running offsets in the +40 or +45 range with a 9.5" wheel.

The wheels I bought are discontinued, I wonder if I could still have them rehooped? They're a 2 piece wheel. Rears should be fine, so if I can take that route I'd only have to do the fronts. :shrug:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I posted one in the Random chat thread, but here they are for those that don't feeling like wading through all the bullshit to find 'em.

Same style/diameter wheel on a Dakota, don't know width/offset.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Nice,they'll look good if you can get them to fit right.Also you should be able to have them rehooped,only if they f em up you probly won't be able to get new ones

·
Registered
971 Posts
I don't think you'll have a problem rubbing the frame or swaybar. If people are running close to 40mm offset with a 9.5" wide rim then those guys should be about the same distance to the frame as you are. Those rims are sick though. That'll be a really nice pick up if they work out for ya. It's hard to find a 5 spoke six lug rim, especially in a forged rim. What size tires are you planning on going with? Or are you gonna have to wait to see how much room you have?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Mine are 20X9" but I'll have to pull the wheel off to tell you the offset. If you'd like me to look I'll check it out for ya but I have no rubbing issues at all. They do stick out a little but the ZQ8 flairs almost cover them.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I won't make a final decision on tire sizes until I have them bolted up and can take more measurements. I'm lowering the truck soon as well so the order will probably be: test mount wheels to see if they're even close -> have center bores enlarged (they're hub centric for a full size) -> lower truck -> test fit wheels again to see how large/wide of a tire will fit.

Right now I'm not sure how low the Belltech drop leafs will lower me, everyone is giving different amounts. I'd like to stick with a 26-27" diameter up front, and 27-28" diameter in the rear, most likely it will be 285/40/18 up front and 295/45/18 in back. I've already found a used set of 295/45/18's locally for cheap that I can use for a test fit. I may just run them in the back and buy the same model tire new for the front, since it's a set of 4 then I'd have 2 sets for the back.

I really do hope they're fit, since they've been discontinued so long it's not likely that there will ever be another Colorado with them and for what I paid if they work they'd be the deal of a decade.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine are 20X9" but I'll have to pull the wheel off to tell you the offset. If you'd like me to look I'll check it out for ya but I have no rubbing issues at all. They do stick out a little but the ZQ8 flairs almost cover them.
No you don't have to pull them off, I should be able to find your offset by asking Rudy or searching his posts I know he gave it somewhere when he had them on his truck. :D

Going off of memory I want to say they're +18 or +15.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
American Racing Longboard's model AR-599.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have the Belltech leafs in the rear. I ran a 245/40r20 with no rubbing whatsoever on a 20x8.5 and now I'm running a 265/35r22 with very minimal rubbing on the fender lip since my wheels stick out some.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, that's good to hear. 245/40/20 is about a 27.75" tall tire and a 265/35/22 is a 29" tall tire. I didn't think the back would be much of a problem, I want the tire sizes staggered a little bit but they'll still need to be somewhat close to the same size so the size I run in the rear will depend on what I can get away with in the front.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
No you don't have to pull them off, I should be able to find your offset by asking Rudy or searching his posts I know he gave it somewhere when he had them on his truck. :D

Going off of memory I want to say they're +18 or +15.
I wish I knew what the offset on those was. I never looked for 'em and the previous owner didn't know either.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wish I knew what the offset on those was. I never looked for 'em and the previous owner didn't know either.
That's alright, I dug through some of your posts and saw where you'd said you weren't sure of the offset either. I think it'd be safe to say they're in the +10 to +20 range since they stick out a little bit.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just looked underneath there with the wheel at full lock and by my calibrated eye it's going to rub the stock swaybar like a whore giving a handjob. I don't know how much more clearance the Belltech swaybar will give but I've heard it does give more room for wider wheels/tires. As long as I stay with a fairly short overall diameter tire the frame won't be a problem and the control arm has miles of space around it so it should be okay there. If the swaybar is the only area that it hits the I should be able to make them work, I can always go to a custom swaybar setup.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I'm different... I've got 22" Dropstars on a +40 offset. Tires are 265x35R22 no rubbing at all. They sit flush with the flares. I'm planning on cranking the torsion bars to level out the truck and put some more rubber on them when the weather warms up.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are they 22x10's?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts