Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a current project I'm going to buy some window deflectors for my crew cab, external tape only. Trouble is there are lots of brands priced near each other. The top brands I found include;

AVS
EGR
Wade by Westin
Weathertech

I'll color match the visor also. I'd love some feedback on who used what. I usually do my research but I can't find too much this time.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Any reason you don't like the in-channel ones?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard lots of bad things about peeling tint and window misalignments. Previous owner added tint so I don't know how durable it is

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
I've heard lots of bad things about peeling tint and window misalignments. Previous owner added tint so I don't know how durable it is
Same reason why I dont use the in channel visors

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Interesting.

The only experience I've had with visors is taking off the AVS tape-on ones the PO of my truck installed. Those MF'ers are tough!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I purchased the AVS ones for my crew cab from Amazon over a year ago, and they're holding up extremely well. They're not fading, coming lose or anything thus far. Plus the install was super easy to do

·
Registered
99 Posts
I currently have in channel visors on my 06 crew cab. when rolling up the front windows, I have to push the windows towards the back in order to get them close properly. didn't realize that was going to be a problem till after I bought and installed them. I guess I should have done my research first.

I did have a set of the other style on my previous car. one day I was driving down the interstate with all 4 attached... next thing I know, one breaks and flies off.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
My window does that as well but I don't have those vent things. Turned out the cheap metal that the arms are made out of broke in a few spots and made the window go up that way. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
I have had weather tech brand... In channel with no issues what so ever.... Would not trade them for anything else available.. Just my take on them... LOL

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
Ive had AVS ones on my truk since 2005. Driver one got cracked while wheeling and a later storm took it off.

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
I've always got the AVS visors. I currently have the in-channel ones, the only issue for me is with the passenger side. The front of the window hits first and pulls the window slightly forward. I just hold the switch for an extra second and it closes fine. No issues with the tint for me. I like actually prefer them over the exterior tape on style for a cleaner look. Just my .02

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the personal feedback, seems like everyone loves the AVS visors the most.

This is why I joined this forum in the first place, lots of friendly help

·
Registered
262 Posts
I also have the AVS in channel vent visors.

Been 3 years no issues that I have found. Also had window tint on for a year no peeling except when the cops made me pull off the tint.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Can someone explain the true purpose of these to me? Do they stop all rain from getting in the windows? Only time I could see them useful is if you want the windows cracked while it's raining.

·
Members Technical Staff
2,498 Posts
Can someone explain the true purpose of these to me? Do they stop all rain from getting in the windows? Only time I could see them useful is if you want the windows cracked while it's raining.

Exactly what you said. I have had a window cracked and with the visors have never had any water get in.

·
Registered
67 Posts
In the summer time you can leave your windows cracked a little when it's parked to help with heat and you don't have to worry about a pop up rain shower. ---- that's my main use

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
Yes, they will stop light rain. But wont stop the rain durring a hurricain... lol. Wind driven rain can still get it. I found out the hard way. But it does help stay kinda coolerin the summer, helps with the air flow.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've found they also cut down on some of the wind noise also. I prefer the in channel ones, just looks like a cleaner install to me.

Victor

1 - 20 of 20 Posts