Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Too many window deflectors

3K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  rex450se 
#1 ·
After a current project I'm going to buy some window deflectors for my crew cab, external tape only. Trouble is there are lots of brands priced near each other. The top brands I found include;

AVS
EGR
Wade by Westin
Weathertech

I'll color match the visor also. I'd love some feedback on who used what. I usually do my research but I can't find too much this time.

#4 ·
Same reason why I dont use the in channel visors

#7 ·
I currently have in channel visors on my 06 crew cab. when rolling up the front windows, I have to push the windows towards the back in order to get them close properly. didn't realize that was going to be a problem till after I bought and installed them. I guess I should have done my research first.

I did have a set of the other style on my previous car. one day I was driving down the interstate with all 4 attached... next thing I know, one breaks and flies off.

#9 ·
I have had weather tech brand... In channel with no issues what so ever.... Would not trade them for anything else available.. Just my take on them... LOL

#10 ·
Ive had AVS ones on my truk since 2005. Driver one got cracked while wheeling and a later storm took it off.

#11 ·
I've always got the AVS visors. I currently have the in-channel ones, the only issue for me is with the passenger side. The front of the window hits first and pulls the window slightly forward. I just hold the switch for an extra second and it closes fine. No issues with the tint for me. I like actually prefer them over the exterior tape on style for a cleaner look. Just my .02

#19 ·
Yes, they will stop light rain. But wont stop the rain durring a hurricain... lol. Wind driven rain can still get it. I found out the hard way. But it does help stay kinda coolerin the summer, helps with the air flow.

#20 ·
I've found they also cut down on some of the wind noise also. I prefer the in channel ones, just looks like a cleaner install to me.

Victor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.