Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me, Handgunner, and Brewer attended a show here in Akron today.....

WHAT A WASTE OF FUCKING TIME!!!

We were all pumped up because we saw that they were having a Colorado Class. And not to sound concieted, but we have some nice Colorado's so we thought that any once of us had a chance at SOMETHING.

We get there and there's 2 other Colorado's there. Both with MINIMAL mods...

This Xtreme had 22's, a K&N Intake, Grille and Taillight covers....THAT'S FUCKING IT!

This one was at the summit show so I didn't take a pic of it at this show. But he had a Grille, Rims, maybe a drop, Custom Box, Roll Pan, and a Ricer muffler hanging out the back....THAT'S FUCKING IT! I mean a Ricer Muffler on a truck.....come the fuck on.

And this atrocity had a Custom paint job and Rims...THAT'S FUCKING IT! The paint looked like a 3 yr old sprayed it. It was all chipped up, rubbing compound all over it, runs, dry spots, etc.. The mother fucking interior looked like he worked on a Farm it was soo filthy. He seriously probably hadn't cleaned it in 6 mo's.

Now I know we're all friends here and you guys might side with us because of that......but I want your honest opinion....are any of those 3 trucks better than any of our 3?

And here's a Kicker to think about. As far as we knew, there was only 6 Colorado's there, us being 3 of them. So they're ready to announce the winner and they're like...."In 3rd place...." We didn't know that there was going to be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd. So we're like fuck yea, one of us has GOT to get something, the others aren't shit. Yea.....WE DIDN'T EVEN PLACE!! The champaign colored reg cab got 3rd, and we're not sure which ones got 2nd and 1st. There might have been a super bad ass one there on saturday that we didn't get to see, but I doubt it.

We didn't want to sound like cry babies, but we felt that we deserve to know why we didn't even place when all 3 of us had WAY more done to our trucks than the other 3. So we asked the judges how they based their judging and they couldn't even give us an answer. Dude was tripping over his words and shit. Pretty much how it went was ONE GUY judged your ride, so if he didn't care for it much....guess what, you're getting low scores! Fucking Bullshit.

I dunno. Like I said, I/We don't want to sound like sore losers, or crybabies or whatever, but we felt that at least one of us should've gotten something. We all have so much done to our trucks, only to lose to a stock truck with big rims???

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Total Bullshit....

And I'm not even going to post pics of the rest of the rides I'm so outraged.

Fuck that show....

·
Registered
3,444 Posts

lol... car shows are pointless unless your there to just have a good time who gives a shit about trophy's.

I've learned from a few friends who feel the need to go and question judges after shows that it's a waste of time and you won't get anything but more pissed off. Let it go :shrug:

Oh and the xtreme on 22's is pretty slick... I can see why they picked it over your guys trucks since it's got big rims and is more showy, while all of your rides are clean and sporty.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yea, we knew that it wouldn't do any good to ask and they weren't gonna be like..."Oh yea, you're right. Here, let me get the trophies back and give them to you guys". They probably made fun of us and called us crybabies after we walked away, but who cares. We just wanted to know why one of us didn't even place. We weren't expecting all 3 of us to take 1st 2nd and 3rd or anything like that. Just one of us should've gotten something.

I mean, you do all this work to your truck, you think it has a legit chance because the competition isn't too stiff, and you come up behind trucks with way less done to them. It's enough to piss anyone off, I don't care how cool you act about it....

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

It's DEFFINATLY a popularity contest at these shows....

This S-10 here takes best of show in every show he enters. It's a bad ass truck, but it's been like this for at least 6+ years. It's an old ass build and there's trucks out there ALOT nicer. Only because everyone in the whole minitruckin scene around here are friends so they give it to their buddy by default.

(green one)

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Didn't think I had too, they're already all over this site...:lolsign:

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts

i know how you feel man... i entered a contest at my school... i dont have much done but i had enough to look decent and you could tell i took care of/modded my truck... well i entered the "stock truck" class of the contest (for mildy modded, mostly stock vehicles) and got NOTHING when i could see no other trucks cept for a few that fit in the category... one happened to be a colly... guess what he had? a system... that was it... bone stock with a system (and not even a fancy one or that nice of one)... when i was lowered/tint/exhaust/carpet bedliner/custom system with GOOD sound and a plexi/wood box (some aesthetics's [sp?] )... that truck got 2nd ( 1,2,3 ) and i got NOTHING... i wasnt there to win anything but when that happened i was like wtf

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts

Geesh now i am glad I didnt go.

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts

They had a point system. I wish I had a copy of the chart still but it went like this and they had examples of things beside the categories. Like Exterior for instance they were supposed to be looking for paint, doors, wheels, body kit, etc.

Exterior 1-5
Interior 1-5
Performance 1-5
Stereo 1-5

Now there supposed to give you points based on mods and stuff. So just for instance here is a list of my mods. Now the guy that looked at my truck wasn't to enthused when he looked at it but he was nice to me. He wanted me to tell him "What stuff I have done to my truck that he isn't going to be able to notice" I put an asstrick(sp?) beside everything I told him that I could remember. Some of the visual stuff I left out because it was obvious stuff like the tint.

Exterior:
Tint
Debadged
Painted Door and Tail Gate Handles *
Frt Lower Lip Spoiler
T-Rex Billet Grille/Bumper Grille *
Chrome BowTie
Chrome Colorado Xtreme Headlights *
McCulloch 6000k HID Kit *
Street Scenes Rollpan *
All Red Third Brake Light From Base Model Colorado *
GM Bed Mat
Extang RT Tonneau
17" ZQ8 Wheels Painted With Dupli-Color Graphite *
245/45/17 Falken Ziex ZE512 Tires

Interior:
Stainless Steel Gauge Face *
Satin Silver and Red Gauge Needles *
07 Colorado Door Sills
Kenwood Double Din CD Player *
Polk Audio Door Speakers with Stock Tweeters *
Alpine Mono Sub Amp *
10" JL Audio Sub in Single Truck Box *
Dynamat Installed on Doors
Husky Molded Front Floor Liners

Performance:
Tuned By Stocker2
16" Electric Fan w/Controller *
Hand Ported Throttle Body by Handgunner *
Denso Iridium Plugs
BPI 3” Velocity Stack w/k&N Filter *
Custom Air Box *
Airaid Air Box Top *
True Flow Intake tube *
Custom 3" Exhaust/High Flow Cat Magnaflow *
Custom Drive Shaft

Suspension:
DJM 3” A-Arms *
Belltech Front Stainless Steel 0-3” Coilover’s with Adjustable Damping Shocks *
Belltech Rear Stainless Steel Adjustable Damping Rear Shocks *
Custom 1 1/2 inch Rear Blocks *
Belltech 3" Drop Leafs *
Energy Suspension Tranny Mount
Clean Cut Creations Tranny Cross Member

So I ask you how the fuck do I not even place :econo: No offence tom or josh I'm just using my truck as an example for everyone. I guess I should have keep my 20's and my hood? Well at least the Steelers won.........oh wait they didnt....FUCK!

But I did here some very very good news there............Hang tight and wait for my announcement

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

No offense taken Dave. Your truck is nicer than mine for sure and you have alot more in it. I knew for sure that I would come in behind you, just didn't think that we'd all come in behind other colorado's.

And didn't they even have a "0" on judging? 0,1,2,3,4,5? That motherfucker with the custom paint should've gotten a 0 for his disgustingly filthy interior......

·
Registered
3,444 Posts

lol, like I said before... Don't question judging @ car shows. Especially if you don't personally know the host/judges. It'll just end up pissing you off.

And brewer... your prolly right bout the 20's and the hood. ;)

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

The whole experience just turned me off of shows completly. I'll meet up with 355's all day long, but I don't think I'll "enter" a show again. At least untill I have some full out custom ride.....

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts

shit I should of went I could of won!!! lmao

dave where is the damn announcement already??

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.