Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
CALI BOSS
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up y'all. For those of you who have not seen the photos, here's what had happened to my truck this past Friday. I was t-boned by a newer Dodge Ram that made a u-turn in a blind area at the exit of the Stockton Auto Mall. The diagram shows where I was driving in blue and the Ram in red. The green is a short palm tree that blocked the line of sight from him seeing me and me seeing him. The following photos are of my truck in the body shop. The insurance adjuster looked at it today and confirmed its a total loss. I will hear back from them in the next day or so about the payout. 2005 Xtreme 260,224 miles, original 3.5L engine, auto - transmission and G80 rear end. All the mechanical components known to fail on these trucks and mine was still going strong. Soon it will be in a wrecking yard

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
440 Posts
how much is the insurance buy out? all you need is a frame, cab, front clip, and bed...then sprinkle a bit of paint at it and done...btw there is a company in Florida that makes full fiberglass bodies for these....wide or stock, I piece or stock....ideas is all.

Sorry for your loss that truly sucks.

sounds like the other guy finally figured out what his truck is....is it a dodge or a ram...it rammed.

·
CALI BOSS
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sucks man. Such a nice truck.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks

how much is the insurance buy out? all you need is a frame, cab, front clip, and bed...then sprinkle a bit of paint at it and done...btw there is a company in Florida that makes full fiberglass bodies for these....wide or stock, I piece or stock....ideas is all.

Sorry for your loss that truly sucks.

sounds like the other guy finally figured out what his truck is....is it a dodge or a ram...it rammed.
I won't know what the buy out is until I hear back from insurance. I don't have the time to rebuild this truck and it would be cheaper to buy a used one. This is my work truck

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I hope and pray that you were not seriously hurt. The truck can be replaced. You, however, can not. I know it is sad at this moment, but the Lord protected you and just maybe he wants you to get a newer and safer truck.

·
CALI BOSS
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sad day that was a REALLY nice truck.
Thanks
I hope and pray that you were not seriously hurt. The truck can be replaced. You, however, can not. I know it is sad at this moment, but the Lord protected you and just maybe he wants you to get a newer and safer truck.
Thank you. I was not hurt much. Just bruised hips from the door pinning me between it and the console. Sadly, there aren't any new trucks that I like would suit my needs. There are plenty of nice used 355s that I will be searching through. If all works out well, I may have one already

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Glad you are alright Dan. I'd be heartbroken if I were in your shoes. You've spent so much time and effort making that truck what it is, and even more time behind the wheel. Shame to see it wiped out in an instance because of someone elses impatience.

It'd be a shame if that thing went to the yard. I see so many parts that are xtremely (pun) desirable to the community, that would potentially get destroyed.

·
CALI BOSS
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad you are alright Dan. I'd be heartbroken if I were in your shoes. You've spent so much time and effort making that truck what it is, and even more time behind the wheel. Shame to see it wiped out in an instance because of someone elses impatience.

It'd be a shame if that thing went to the yard. I see so many parts that are xtremely (pun) desirable to the community, that would potentially get destroyed.
Thanks. The Xtreme package is mostly intact with the exception of the driver side skirt. Lots of upgrades that are still good like the wheels and tonneau cover. Unfortunately, I don't have the space or time to take it apart. It really is a shame that our van all be taken away in an instant. But, that's the risk I knew I was taking by driving it daily as a work truck. Just happy to be alive to tell the story of the many miles and smiles it's brought me

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Quite a nice modded truck. Sucks it's a loss. Wonder were it will go to. I'd definitely like to get some of those parts. I'm nowhere near you to possibly help you out in a buyback though. Good luck on your next truck.

·
Registered
440 Posts
well when you get that buy out number from the insurance. post that amount. maybe a energetic member wants a chance to play junk yard and part it out for you.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Xtreme's are getting more sparse by the day so don't take the first offer settlement from the insurance co.

That truck had a mint condition body with tons of upgrades and it was destroyed from this guy's negligence.

·
CALI BOSS
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow Dan! Truly a sad day to see your beauty down for the count... your truck has been admired by many with the setup being able to daily haul lots of weight, be stable, and look good doing it!

Glad your ok and it wasnt any worse!
Thanks. BTW, thanks for your production number on 2005 crew cab Xtremes. Thank may help raise my truck's value

·
Super Moderator
1,872 Posts
Thanks. BTW, thanks for your production number on 2005 crew cab Xtremes. Thank may help raise my truck's value
That was one of those situations where many 355Nation members brought their capabilities together to accomplish the task at hand. Can't take all the credit on that one.

Hope it does help get a better value for your truck. Too much time in developing it to be what it was.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
that really sucks mann , but glad you're ok and finding another 355. it would've been a lost of knowledge and experience over those years not seeing your avatar pop up, you've been on these boards for as long as I can remember, 2005?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im glad you are ok, It is a sad day when an Xtreme gets totaled. I have been a collision man for 40 years. It could be repaired, try buying it back and sell it and make a few bucks in the process.

·
CALI BOSS
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone. Hoping to hear from the adjuster soon.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts