Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my trailer Saturday morning. Got the Equalizer hitch setup. This morning my father and I went driving to get the weight distribution and brake controller dialed in.

I have to say there are zero downsides... I put my air springs at 25psi and got the hitch adjusted so that the truck's suspension remains compmletely level as does the trailer.

The truck accelerates w/o issue and if I give it gas it will accelerate quite hard, it has more than enough power to pull the 5100lbs.

W/ the brake controller in place it stops as good as when unloaded. W/ the WD hitch setup and the airbags the truck handles bumps and undulations in the road w/ ease. It doesn't bounce or sway or jiggle. It's perfectly planted.

I even did some hard lane changes at 50 mph to see what it'd would do... the truck maintained perfect composure and controlled the trailer w/ ease.

I'm stoked :)

I'm towing my corvette on an 18ft full deck trailer, the truck has a K&N series77 intake, towing/performance tune from PCMforless, B&M trans cooler, Valley trailer brake controller, Air-lift springs, and an equalier distribution hitch.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was 99.99% sure that the truck would be more than fine w/ the mods, but there were lots of doubters on some of the other forums I post on.

So many people are quick to tell you it's not possible or not capable w/o doign any real research as to what the truck is capable of. The truck would pull it fine w/o any mods, but the mods just give you the added insurance and longevity.

I'll post up some pics in a few weeks when I get loaded up to head to VIR.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think these trucks are under rated on their towing capacities anyway.Glad to see it's working out for ya.I'm assuming yours has the i5?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
awesome

·
Registered
2 Posts
these trucks can tow really well. i moved from eastern washington to virginia (for the air force) towing a 4 door volvo 760 turbo and about 800lbs worth of stuff. the total weight of the truck, towing dolly, car and stuff was 9600lbs. the truck performed excellent and i had no problem going through all the passes inbetween washington and montana. at the time all i had done to the engine was a trans cooler and the airaid open filter box also.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
its GM expect alot more outa these trucks than any other. i pulled my buddies fullsize duramax dually around just bec he says that i couldnt do it ha! they are nothing what the s-10's usde to be !

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys... I'm going to the track again this Friday and will be loading up tomorrow night. I'll snap a few pics of everything loaded and ready to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts