Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure if this is where this topic belongs but ohh well. I am wondering what is the most that anyone has towed with their 355. Im planning on getting the air bags for the rear suspension. (Leaf spring to frame) Eventually I want to tow my 18 foot open, steel car trailer with my 70 chevelle on it to the track. Obviously the trailer has electric brakes and I will be installing a brake controller on my truck.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
There is a guy that tows his Vette on a car trailer. I think it's around 5,000. Dig around, I'm sure you'll find his thread...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good Find!! Ill definately have to get the weight distributing hitch. the truck looks to be sittin pretty level.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Good Find!! Ill definately have to get the weight distributing hitch. the truck looks to be sittin pretty level.

Hey like ive always said get a hold of herm's and get my old hitch if u want and i think either me or him has the cars, that way for now all u need is the attachment points to the trailer

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I've hauled 6500 pounds with my truck before with overload springs and trailer brakes. Very capable trucks.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
i have pulled a 18' car trailer with my dime on it a few times. kinda sucky. the ass end was real low. and breaking and taking off sucked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts