Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Proud Nation Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the serv tpm light on my DIC, did the relearn thing with letting the air out for 10 sec and listen for the horn beeep, got the horn on the dr side front, no honk on the ps fr wheel, honk on the ps rear and the dr side rear, i changed the tpms in the passenger side front but still it wont honk or relearn, any help would b appreciated

·
Registered
390 Posts
Might have to see if a tire shop can relearn with that tool.

Make sure tires are at correct psi .. keep doing it a couple times till it honks.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
And it's the correct TPMS part # for our trucks?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Go to a dealer I work at a Buick dealer ship and they have a tool they use to relearn. Generally if that's all you need the dealer will do it for free

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
What about a tire shop. I don't know why anybody would charge you to wave a wand around the wheels to allow the sensors to reset.

·
Proud Nation Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What about a tire shop. I don't know why anybody would charge you to wave a wand around the wheels to allow the sensors to reset.
Obviously youve never heard of the cayman islands, you pay 45 to 50 bucks for a tpms there, here its 127 bucks,

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
The point was, there isn't labor involved. Not sure what any location has to do with a service that doesn't involve labor. It's not like they have to ship in an employee to perform the task.

What was the price the tire shop quoted you?

Guess that's just a small price to pay to live in 'paradise'. haha

·
Proud Nation Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The point was, there isn't labor involved. Not sure what any location has to do with a service that doesn't involve labor. It's not like they have to ship in an employee to perform the task.

What was the price the tire shop quoted you?

Guess that's just a small price to pay to live in 'paradise'. haha
LOL well its paradise until you have to repair somthing, them it becomes hell real fast, here the tire shops dont have the tool to do it, they will leave it to the dealer, somthing i was wandering, when doing the relearn by the manual, do you deflate until you hear the horn honk or deflate for 10 seconds and wait for the honk

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Its a schrader tpms 131 bought from napa
Schrader #20131 (GM#15122618) is correct for the truck. When you are not trying to do a relearn, is the light on steady or is it flashing? Try letting the air out as fast as possible and let more pressure out and see what happens. Another thing to try: In a TPMS Thread, a while ago, one member reported that he was able to reset the system without letting the air out. He did the setup with the headlight switch and then immediately started the truck and drove it. Good luck, I understand how money works in the Islands.

OT: I used to work on Cayman Airways B737s in Miami.

·
Proud Nation Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Schrader #20131 (GM#15122618) is correct for the truck. When you are not trying to do a relearn, is the light on steady or is it flashing? Try letting the air out as fast as possible and let more pressure out and see what happens. Another thing to try: In a TPMS Thread, a while ago, one member reported that he was able to reset the system without letting the air out. He did the setup with the headlight switch and then immediately started the truck and drove it. Good luck, I understand how money works in the Islands.

OT: I used to work on Cayman Airways B737s in Miami.
Thats the same one i installed, the light is steady when not trying to relearn, I tryed that way and the first time it worked but like 15 to 20 minutes it came back on and that way wont work anymore, will try to let the air out for a longer time at a faster rate

·
Registered
54 Posts
If all else fails, a couple of guys have just replaced the instrument cluster with an earlier year model, deleting the light altogether.

Hi All
Yes I fitted a new cluster from a 06 model to my 07 and no more TPMS.
Easy fix. My problem was one sensor was missing and so would never re-learn.
The dealer had taken the sensor out to fit to another truck and had never replaced it
Regards
Jacko

·
Proud Nation Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
i really dont want to go that route, do you think i should buy these, they are suppose to work on the 09 colorado
Dorman 974-008 Chevrolet/GMC/Hummer Tire Pressure Monitor System Sensor
I just put a set of winter studs on a second set of rims & installed these. I haven't swapped to the studded tires yet, so I can't confirm that they work.

·
Proud Nation Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just put a set of winter studs on a second set of rims & installed these. I haven't swapped to the studded tires yet, so I can't confirm that they work.
i just cant understand why the right front passenger side wont relearn after putting a new tpms in it, the other 3 wheels relearn with no problem, could there be somthing blocking the signal on that wheel, the srv tpm light comes on and stays steady, the little wheel light is also on and it blinks first and then stays steady

1 - 20 of 59 Posts