Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Tracee here I bought my 04 Colorado few weeks ago. I've come to find out there's not many female D.I.Y mechanics lol. Hopefully I'll be welcome here? After even google lens couldn't tell me the name of this very wrapped rubber piece can y'all?
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Hi Tracee here I bought my 04 Colorado few weeks ago. I've come to find out there's not many female D.I.Y mechanics lol. Hopefully I'll be welcome here? After even google lens couldn't tell me the name of this very wrapped rubber piece can y'all? View attachment 343099
Welcome to the Nation. My research under transmission and engine hasn't yet yielded any clues. I don't know if it has any purpose except to hide the oil pan bolts and frustrate mechanics. Somebody else here may have a clue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took it to 3 different auto parts places because as your van see it's mangl. Google lens don't even know and none of the other google search have yielded positive results.

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
I took it to 3 different auto parts places because as your van see it's mangl. Google lens don't even know and none of the other google search have yielded positive results.
Your best bet would be a GM Dealer. They have access to more detailed parts information. Just show them the picture and tell them where it is located on the truck. Give them the VIN. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It’s the service slot plug. You remove it to gain access to the flywheel torque convertor bolts. Is it leaking any black or red fluid?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts