Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally made it to the Drag Strip on friday. Met some dudes of mine there. One has a Grand Prix GTP, basic mods. His best pass was 14.07 @ 98. The other has a 97 Camaro SS. All stock I believe. His best pass was a 14.3. My truck's stock best (a few years ago) was 16.01. Now I'm tuned, Custom Intake, Gutted Cat Mod, and Magnaflow muffler.

I was kind of bummed about my times, but I quickly got over it considering the horrible track conditions. This place is a total shithole. Dirt, gravel, pothole filled road leading into the staging lanes. You go own the track and you're literally bouncing because it's soo bumpy and wavy. Don't think they prep it at all. Just a real dump of a facility. It was a little warm that night too. But it's close and I was itching to see what I could do.

1st pass was with my girl in the truck, fresh off the drive there. Ran a 16.14 @ 87.38 w/a 2.28 60'.

Pulled back into the lanes, had to wait about 25 mins, and ran solo. 16.06 @ 86.18 w/a 2.27 60'.

Then we let them sit for about 45 mins. Got back in line this time in the left lane (previous 2 were right lanes) Ran a 15.95 @ 86.69 w/a 2.29 60'.

At this point in the night, I thought they were rapping it up. So I parked and went to watch. But I realized they were still running so I ran and got my truck. Back in the Right lane, I ran a 16.04 @ 86.22 w/a 2.29 60'.

So now they were just draining the lanes because they were ready to shut down. I wanted to see if I could get better so I got right back in line after my pass. Right lane again, ran another 16.04 @ 87.90 w/a 2.30 60'.

Pulled back around and they were STILL running. So I got RIGHT back in line! lol Left lane this time, ran a 15.98 @ 86.51 w/a 2.34 60'.

Got back and basically pulled right up to the tree cause there was nobody in the lanes. Ran a 15.94 @ 87.20 w/a 2.33 60'. I actually raced the same guy I raced the previous pass! lol

This last part is HILARIOUS!!

Made it back to the lanes in time to be the last pass of the night! Me and my dude with the GTP thought it'd be good to let the women drive. So they're running from the stands, get in, and we pull onto the track. I'm sittin there trying to tell my girl how to 2 foot the launch. Now mind you, the 1st pass of the night was the 1st time she's ever even been down a drag strip, let alone drive a car down one! So she's trying to hold the brake and give it gas and the truck keeps moving forward. I'm tellin her.."You gotta STAND on the brake!!" So she thinks she has it and zips up to the line.....immediatly staging! Yellow's start to come down and she's just sitting there! I'm like yelling..."Steph!! Do the 2 foot thing!!!!" cause the race was about to start. She barely does it, but man, she cuts the nastiest light w/a decent 60' time. Cut a better light than me actually! lol I look over at my dude and his girl and she's freakin BLOWING the tires off his car! Torque steering her all over the track. So they go blowing by us naturally and we're just cruising along (the girl's giggling and shit) and I tell her just before we get through the traps...."Steph, DON'T let off till I tell you!" I always run it past just to be sure. So what's she do? LET'S OFF BEFORE THE TRAPS!!! Literally RIGHT after I told her not too. I'm screamin at her like "I JUST TOLD YOU NOT TO LET OFF!!!" LMAO And I guess the same thing happened with my buddy and his girl! To a T. Told her how to launch, she didn't do it, told her not to let off, she lets off. I mean women...they don't listen to a word you say!!

Shit was soo funny. They had a freakin BLAST though. We're still laughin about it. She wants to go again ASAP. Shit, she would've beat my "passanger time" if she didn't let off. She ran a 16.15 @ 83.63 w/a 2.34 60'.

At a good track, on a cold night, I think the truck has mid 15's in her. Low 15's and I'd be ecstatic, but if it ran a 15.4-15.5 I'd be happy. I'm gonna try to get to Norwalk before the season ends...so we'll see.

We all had fun though. I got a few pics to share...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Glad you had a good time jose, drag racing is a blast. I am going to our track this comming friday night.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
:werd3:

I can't wait to get out there again to see what the absolute best pass will be. I'm dissapointed in it only running 15.90's, but I'm happy that I ran faster than 16.00's. Cause if I didn't brake into the 15's after all these mods, I probably would've sold this thing!!!:eek:mg: :lmaof:

I gotta tell ya though, not use to having my ass handed to me by everyone I raced!! I used to have some decently quick cars before the Rado. Had an AWD Turbo Talon with like $300 in it, running high 13's. Then had a FWD Turbo Talon with a little more done, running mid 13's but with mph like a mofo. Then I had my 2dr GTP, basic GTP mods, running high 13's as well. Kind of sucks looking at taillights all night long!! LOL

·
Registered
845 Posts
:lol:
Good times bro!

I wonder how I will run next friday. Ill be running my first 1/4 mile track. Ive already ran the 1/8 on a hot humid ass night and got 10.80 w/ a 2.46 60 ft @ 67 mph. KN FIPK and replaced stock muffler w/ a Magnaflow. No tune, and no cat deletes.
:disgust:

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
:lol:
Good times bro!

I wonder how I will run next friday. Ill be running my first 1/4 mile track. Ive already ran the 1/8 on a hot humid ass night and got 10.80 w/ a 2.46 60 ft @ 67 mph. KN FIPK and replaced stock muffler w/ a Magnaflow. No tune, and no cat deletes.
:disgust:
With the temps around here... i'd expect 16's. What gears do you have?

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
i cant wait to run my truck again and hopefully see improvement. i dont know though, I will be waiting till its cooler nonetheless and Josh those aren't bad times either.

·
Registered
118 Posts
nice times man!

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
12.4 is the fastest pass I've ever been down a track. My buddy let me ride shottie in his Grand National.....:yup:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Soooooooooo hot. Thats a sweet setup. 12.4 is stupid fast in a pickup like ours....
JEALOUS.
<----
x2!

12.4 is the fastest pass I've ever been down a track. My buddy let me ride shottie in his Grand National.....:yup:
My buddies brother in law has an alcohol injected FULLY built mint Grand National,...OMG that shit is fast as fuck.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts