Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 chevy colorado 4x4. I'm not a 100% sure if it has traction control or not. There is no button on my dash to toggle traction control on or off. Since there is no button does that mean it's always on or does it mean that my truck doesn't have traction control? Reason I'm asking these questions is because I want my truck to do a burnout. I have not been able to get and I'm honestly scared to try yet from not knowing about the traction control. What tune do you all recommend. I'd love to do a burnout and get some extra mpg if possible but I realize those are 2 totally opposite wants. Can anyone give me some insite? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
whats to be scared of? stomp the brake stomp the gas and see if she tells you no haha. oh and as far as the traction control...yea i had a 05 and i didnt have traction control so i would assume you dont either.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! And I just don't wanna tear it up. Might as well try it pretty soon. What's the worst that could happen right? Lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exactly what I was scared of. I heard the g80 in these weren't the best. Saw a guy that had his all torn up. I think mine will be alright though. I hope so anyway. Thank you all!!

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts

·
pssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
1,999 Posts
You will still have traction control in the tune. It needs to be tuned out to completely remove it. This will give you more power, so a tune is always a good idea.

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
Doing burnouts is what ruins the G80. Its a low speed traction aiding device not meant for burnouts on pavement. I would get a trutrac LSD if you going to be burning rubber

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
They don't make a cover for the AAM 8".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts