Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my stock hitch and bumper off my 10 Colorado and they are getting powder coated. I just got a trailer and I’m trying to figure out the drop I need if I do or not. Can someone give me a quick height from ground up to hitch? I’d like to order one instead of waiting for parts to come back.
thank you

·
Registered
139 Posts
What would work best is hook up your trailer with what you have when you get it back, loaded with whatever weight you are going to haul, go to a large level parking lot, park straight, walk around and look at it. Bring a measuring tape with you. Is the trailer fairly level front to back hooked up to your truck? How does it look from a variety of angles? If you pull other things too, would you be better served to have an adjustable hitch? Also, longer trailers make the issue even more pronounced.
Over the years I have accumulated a variety of drops in hitches for all kinds of things I pull and things to pull them with.

·
Registered
2010 Colorado 2lt Crew Cab Z71 Off Road 4x4
3 Posts
The top of my receiver hitch tube is 18" from the ground on my stock 2010 Z71 4x4 Colorado. I use a 2" drop receiver on my utility trailer that is 19.5" to the top of the ball coupler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts