Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put stock bumper back on truck with hitch and new harness. Installed everything clipped in new harness. I went to hook up trailer to check lights and I have nothing.
I have the 7 blade to flat 4 adapter. When I plug in adapter there’s 1 red light, 2 do not light up. When I plug in the flat 4 to the truck now it shows 3 red lights. So I’m assuming power is coming from the truck. But I got nothing coming on the trailer. in 10 years I never hooked a trailer to this truck so I’m new to this.
should I just go through wires and test light everything? Or am I missing something stupid. I’m guessing the trucks ground is in the harness? And the trailer ground is hooked up on the neck of trailer.
any help is appreciated.

·
CALI BOSS
6,280 Posts
What kind of tail lights do you have? If they're LED, the trailer harness will not work

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of tail lights do you have? If they're LED, the trailer harness will not work

I have LED reverse bulbs n LED license plate bulbs. Not the whole unit ones

·
CALI BOSS
6,280 Posts
Have you tested the trailer on another truck or another trailer on your truck? Confirm all lights are working on the truck?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya bought it from My uncle n I saw it working when he dropped off. Been sitting since for about a month. But I will again today on my brother in laws truck n see

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I hooked truck up to another trailer and everything worked fine. So it’s something in my trailer that’s off. Gotta be cut or wire off somewhere

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Figures it out. Bad ground and then saw a random wire not connected and that happened to be the power for the side markers. Thanks for the help DBNISSAN

1 - 8 of 8 Posts