Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
hey bro not sure if youve seen mine but the bigger the horn doesnt mean the louder they are. I have two sets of horn each are 160 dbs. I have two 3 gallon tanks and a small viar compressor. All my stuff is chrome. I got it all for around 380. thats fittings for everything too. You cant buy it for this but just saying. Mine arent that big at all. Mine are a real loud high pitch too. Thoose ones are real deep.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah your setup is bad ass. I would like to get something like the ones you see on hornblasters.com . do you have a video of yours?

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks that would be helpful. I plan on mounting the horns where the spare goes and tuck the tank on the inside of the frame.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
-Quick question

how much trouble could you get in with a train horn? I'm not going to be useing it on the highway or anything. I most likley will just use it to scare friends with.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Who cares about trouble scaring people is fun as shit

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
haha if you get some you gotta come up here and go downtown. It will eco off the buildings lol. We used to do it back in the day with BOVs. :lol:

·
Registered
839 Posts
they have diapers to catch the shit though.....

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wonder if the cheaper sets on hornblaster.com are any good. I want somthing really loud for the money

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
shit...ill stay the hell away...my ears are still rining from when you cranked you system.....yoozers that shit was loud

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
my home boy has the train horns from suicidedoors.com the 4. he has them behind his grill on his s-10 LOUDEST horns i have ever heard. we have a car show this weekend that where going to. maybe we will scare some ppl and ill record it and share it with you guys!

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok I'm reading about installing the horns and I guess you have to mount the compressor above the tank. So I guess The only place I will be able to mount the tank and compressor is in the bed.

Khkustoms did you buy yours as a kit? How much do you think one set would cost me of what you have. also if you don't mind me asking where did you get them from?

if its to much I think I might go with this kit.

Hornblasters Four Trumpet Compact All-Inclusive Train Horn Kit with 1.5 Gallon Viair Air Source!

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats what I figured. Anyways I bought some train horns. The details are in my project thread.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts