Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to know if there's anything else out there besides the JET 4th gear servo. Are their any for 2nd or 3rd? Brand names and p/n's will be a big help thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
there is only a 2nd and a 4th.....the 2nd servo is for 2-3 and 4th....well for 4th and a trans cooler is a must on all trans since the life of the trans depends on the oil temp

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there is only a 2nd and a 4th.....the 2nd servo is for 2-3 and 4th....well for 4th and a trans cooler is a must on all trans since the life of the trans depends on the oil temp
Yea I got a factory trans cooler.

2-3 and 4th sound good to me. I can have both on at one time correct?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
actually applying more pressure to the bands reduces slipping which reduces trans oil temps. most people make the assumption that harder shifts mean higher load on the tranny when in actuallity the reduce the trans oil temp, which is the leading killer of auto transmissions.

·
Registered
118 Posts
actually applying more pressure to the bands reduces slipping which reduces trans oil temps. most people make the assumption that harder shifts mean higher load on the tranny when in actuallity the reduce the trans oil temp, which is the leading killer of auto transmissions.
well i didnt assum that harder shifts makes higher load on the tranny......a trans cooler is a must on stock trans or regardless of the mods.....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yea I got a factory trans cooler.

2-3 and 4th sound good to me. I can have both on at one time correct?
the factory coolers dont cut it....an upgrade to a larger one would be a smart move. yes you can put both in at one time

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
HOw do i know if i have a factory trans cooler?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
a trans cooler is a must on stock trans or regardless of the mods.....
which is why EVERY automatic vehicle has some sort of cooler for the ATF, whether it be remote, or part of the radiator, every one has one. the only time you really need to upgrade is when you start laying down way more power, thus more load on the trans (more power, more slip). im not talking bolt on's either, towing situations, or off roaders, where the vehicle speed is always low, not forcing enough air past the cooler.

i guess it seemed like when you said "with the servo a cooler is a MUST" i took it as its a MUST upgrade since they are stock on every auto vehicle. and that statement just wouldnt be true since the servos actually reduce ATF temp.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
You just know, ok? :shrug: :)

Like schardbody said, every automatic Colly & Canyon has one, it is integrated into the radiator. You can see it by rolling under the front of the truck and finding the two smaller lines that plug into the bottom of the radiator.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
look for something that looks like a mini radiator around the same location as the radiator. I think thats where they are on our trucks.
You just know, ok? :shrug: :)

Like schardbody said, every automatic Colly & Canyon has one, it is integrated into the radiator. You can see it by rolling under the front of the truck and finding the two smaller lines that plug into the bottom of the radiator.
:yeahthat:

Its lower radiator tank that's the cooler for the ATF.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
http://www.jetchip.com/products.asp?pid=18557

There are 2 different p/n's for the "Power Servo" on the Jet site for the 4L60E. Which ever one could work?
Check out for some pictures of whats included (search for "Jet Servo 4l60e"): http://store.summitracing.com/egnse...ults=false&y=0&N=+115&Ntt=jet+servo+4l60e&x=0

The 211 & 212 kits will work for 2nd gear. I used the 211 in my 2004..

It looks like the 212 has a couple additional parts and the 212 looks to be a true billet servo as compared to the 211. That must be the price difference....

I would say use the 212 & 213 kit for improving all gears.. Someone double check that might know more about this.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts