Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'05 crew cab Canyon, swapping to 6.0 L96Vortex
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent a long time searching this forum for the name(s) of who sells the 4l60e bell housing, adapter plate, flywheel etc. to put a V8 into the Canyon/Colorado reusing the 4l60e.

Can anybody help me out and give me an approximate price?

Geoff

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You want to end up with a manual or automatic transmission?
Automatic. I found a better solution to buying an adapter kit. I found a used bell housing on eBay to fit the engine and transmission together ($65), and ordered a new flexplate from O'Reillys to fit a Canyon 2012 5.3l option ($69). That is way cheaper than the adapter kit price and is cleaner.

Geoff

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, need an LS bellhousing and input shaft. Also, the V8 Colorado bellhousing is different than the Silverado LS bellhousing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As of now, my 4L60e will be rebuilt into a 4L70e to handle more HP, although I'll only have 400HP to start. As far as I know, the 300mm shaft has to have the transmission apart to install so this is included along with heavy duty components. And the transfer case will stay!

·
Registered
51 Posts
sounds like your already on your way.

your tranny builder should also be able to suggest a new torque converter. between the motor and built trans, a converter would be a wise upgrade as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts