Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be swapping my crossmember this spring with a low pro one. I'm lowered with ball joints and 3" blocks in the rear. It smashed on every thus changing it. My question is what will hit when this is changed? I don't mind scrapping the current crossmember because it's a huge piece of steel. Any one change it and wish they hadn't because of bottoming out issues?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Monkey Slut!
9,474 Posts
No issues with changing over the cross member, which one did you get?

This will be the next thing to hit depending on how low you go.

Hard to tell but it's the bottom A arms mounts and also holds the steering rack.

The other thing to scrape would be the gas tank cross member, don't think anyone is mass producing those to replace yet.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
At 2/3 you might be good to go. Now that I have a LPCM, the only thing that drags is my hitch on strange inclines, and that will stop once I install my rollpan.

·
How d'ya like them apples
941 Posts
all depends on what suspension you have now and your wheel/tire combo

but you will drag on other things: leaf hangers, control arms, diff.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
A 2/3 drop won't hit much if you stay on the street but you still could drag a few armadillos & possums down the road.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A 2/3 drop won't hit much if you stay on the street but you still could drag a few armadillos & possums down the road.

It's funny that you say that because I was driving to work one day and saw a dead raccoon. I decided to straddle it. It smashed my crossmember and shot it everywhere. When I got to work I was leaking fuel because it broke my fuel filter. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts