Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I haven’t been long got my motor replaced. My problem is every few days ill open my hood and see that my transmission dipstick has blowed out of the lock position, and has fluid all over the hood. Is the seal bad? Ive looked and looked but yet have found anything close.
Ive also just been looking for the dipstick itself and can only find the transmission dipstick tube!

thanks

· Premium Member
4,239 Posts
You have something other than a dipstick problem. Even if you removed the dipstick you shouldn't be getting fluid coming from the tube. The transmission pan is not pressurized. Check that the transmission vent is not kinked, plugged or jammed up. The vent exits at the top of the transmission case and the rubber vent hose usually extends down towards the rear of the transmission. Look for an open hose on the left side close to the rear of the oil pan. Should have a support clamp on it.

Dipstick PN 15798352
Dipstick tube PN 15281541
Seal, dipstick tube to transmission PN 1259475

· Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Okay I haven’t been long got my motor replaced. My problem is every few days ill open my hood and see that my transmission dipstick has blowed out of the lock position, and has fluid all over the hood. Is the seal bad? Ive looked and looked but yet have found anything close.
Ive also just been looking for the dipstick itself and can only find the transmission dipstick tube!

thanks
Kinda funny you mentioned this. My transmission dipstick always comes unlocked. I don’t have any fluid coming out of the dipstick though.

· Premium Member
5,235 Posts
I have never had this issue i n almost 18 years. I would think it would have to do with pressure created in the trans pan. Might need to do a filter change and refill the fluid.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have never had this issue i n almost 18 years. I would think it would have to do with pressure created in the trans pan. Might need to do a filter change and refill the fluid.
The guy above you said that it has no pressure! So it shouldn’t be doing that. When i open the hood its on the passenger side rubber stripping! It even smells like oil. Even though the transmission stick is lifted!! Idk whats going on atm, im at the process of changing my coil packs this weekend. But ive smelt some kinda fluid Which it smells like oil. Even leakage around the oil cap, but its in more places than one.. ill get better pics tomorrow or sunday

Thanks for all the input

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think i have found the issue. Not 100% yet but when i was at work changing my coil packs i noticed my oil cap was lifted on one side. Screwed down normally. I barely put pressure on the lifted side and it sealed all the way. Hope and pray that was the issue!!!

Car Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Sky

Car Sky Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tbh im not completely sure as both as raised up. And the oil like substance is around the transmission dipstick hence why I assumed it was that. I will know after a couple days now the oil cap is completely down or not

1 - 16 of 16 Posts