Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my transmission just started getting stucked on 3rd or 4th gear but it seems to fix when i turn the engine off but it get stuck after driving a while, and then it started making a noise while driving like if I wouldn't beeing letting a clutch go like moving really slow i dont have any codes but i was researching it may need new solenoids but how many do i need?? I may do fluid and filter change any thoughts advice or tips thanks

Btw i have a 08 colorado 3.7 I5

·
Registered
20 Posts
How many miles on your truck? Do you know the maintenance history on it? I would always try fluid change 1st because its cheap and easy. Only time that will cause symptoms to get worse is if the clutches are already gone. This does not seem to be the issue with yours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just hit 150k but idk the maintenance history on it im getting the parts today so Monday morning im planning on change fluid filter and both shift solenoids

·
Registered
2012 GMC Canyon
48 Posts
There is a lot of information on this 4L60-E transmission on YouTube, some really good videos on how to diagnose a problem and how to fix it. The good thing is this tranny was used across a lot of GM platforms and there are a bazillion of them out there. You can buy a top quality and upgraded rebuilt tranny for $2500.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a lot of information on this 4L60-E transmission on YouTube, some really good videos on how to diagnose a problem and how to fix it. The good thing is this tranny was used across a lot of GM platforms and there are a bazillion of them out there. You can buy a top quality and upgraded rebuilt tranny for $2500.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far i already change the solenoids, filter and fluid and so far it feels back to normal but ill keep that in mind im still scared to press the gas a little bit more tomorrow ill drive thru the freeway and my neighborhood to check that all the shifts are working properly

·
Registered
2012 GMC Canyon
48 Posts
That is impressive, I tip my hat to you ! Not many people can jump into a project like that with confidence and success. You obviously have advanced mechanical skills or are just fearless of the unknown.
BTW, that is a nice looking truck !!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha nothing of that i just watched like 20 different videos about changing the same thing, lucky me i fix the right stuff( i hope so) but maybe ill get one of those scanners to keep it on check because i kind of wanna keep this truck, has some cosmetic issues but nothing mayor but hopefully it would last me a couple of years at least :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts