Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 colorado transmission wont do anything was.driving and all of the sudden it started reving like it was in neutral pulled in a driveway put in park tried to put in reverse no go tried d,3,2,1 same no go please help i havent had any problems at all

·
Super Moderator
3,624 Posts
Sounds like the trans went out and needs to be rebuilt but I'm no expert. I would have it towed to a shop that specializes in transmissions

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2005 with 147K on it and this happened to me about a year ago. I pulled the electrical connection off of the trans and cleaned it, reinstalled, and have not had any trouble since !!! Try it - It may work for you also - -

·
Registered
4 Posts
2005 colorado transmission wont do anything was.driving and all of the sudden it started reving like it was in neutral pulled in a driveway put in park tried to put in reverse no go tried d,3,2,1 same no go please help i havent had any problems at all
From what it sounds like, you’re “sun shell” in your transmission broke. This is a common problem in the 4L60E transmissions. You will have to have it rebuilt with a stronger one or buy a new transmission. I hate that for you :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
did we ever find out the issue, I am having similar problems with my 08 189k on it, it will go in gear and drive for a short distance, and than nothing, i am disabled and don't have a lot of cash and me working on my truck is difficult

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just started having same problem in 05 today. This seems to be an issue on several sites but no one seems to have an answer.
I went and had mine rebuilt, found a place here near me in my state that rebuilds and did a awesome job at a fair price, plus built it so I can plow snow and will still warranty the job, it was shot for sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks I appreciate it. Looks like ill be doing the same.
The shop I found did Transmissions for street rods, classics, big lifted 4X4's, exotic's, etc. And they do frame off resto's. I called 10 different places and only found 2 I felt comfortable with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2005 did the same exact thing. So these codes came up. P0894 and P1816. So I did more research on those codes, especially P1816 because I wasn't convinced it was the converter or front pump even tho some sign would point to those. That research came up with replacing the Automatic Transmission Switch in the trans. It runs by pressure and if it goes bad it tell the ecm the trans is in nuetral or park instead of what gear it is actually in. Piece of cake, right under the filter. It took care of the problem. The Napa part number is TEE ETC106. It's 49.99 plus the cost of a filter kit. I'm glad I did the research because every forum I could find on this all said it was something else and they either rebuilt the trans or got a remanufactured one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts