Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have to start this off with a big :dawg:

Anywho. I walked out side this morning and it was about 50 degrees out..and we had one of the coldest nights last night, it went down to 39. So I get into my truck and I stick my key in the ignition and try and start it...it cranked and cranked for about 20 seconds. So I was like....FUCK Im already late for work so I called them and about 5 mins later I tried the truck again. Same thing just cranked not even a fart out of the damn thing. So I waited another ten minutes and the truck started right up.....

Is this the hard starting issue that people have been talking about?
If so ITS A PAIN IN THE NUT SACK.

BTW I did just gut the cat on sunday, and added an intake to the truck 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
sounds like my issue...15 minutes on the dot would start up like nothing ever happend. i had to get the bcm modulator replaced as well as the ignition cylinder, dont know if its the same thing but it sounds ike it.

i delt with that shit for a year

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like my issue...15 minutes on the dot would start up like nothing ever happend. i had to get the bcm modulator replaced as well as the ignition cylinder, dont know if its the same thing but it sounds ike it.

i delt with that shit for a year

Did you just call the chevy dealer and they took care of it for you...or what?
I dont want to put up with it for a year lol

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
The hard start most people are experiencing is a little bit longer cranking time than normal or a hesitation in cranking causing the starter to grind, meaning the engine stops turning, the starter will disengage and then because of the way the starting circuit is designed the truck will try to automatically 'restart' itself and grind the starter because it's reengaging the teeth before it's stopped turning.

It's not the same as what you're experiencing. If it's still under warranty I'd take it in but honestly unless the problem actually occurs while it's at the dealership it will probably be hard for them to diagnose it.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How many miles do you have on the truck EricW835?
10500.....im going to wait and see if it happens again tomorrow.

Just like Brake said....if it aint broke...cant fix it...especially if its intermittent and only happened once....it sucks but oh well.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Shitty... like brakenit said its not the "hard start" because it does still start after the rough start.

Ever try turning the truck to "on" then waiting a bit then cranking it? Give it a shot.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
ya well mine did it every once in a while then it got real consistant...everybody is right, unless it happens at the dealership they cant diagnos it. i took it in when i had warranty and they couldnt find shit, i was licky when i took it in a week ago that it didnt start for them. cost we $469 but atleast it starts now. i wouldnt worry about it unless it starts happening more then once a month, but if u do have warranty be aware and take it in u never know. i doubt its the cold because i live in so cal and it happened to me all summer haha. good luck and keep us updated...if it continues

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
6 months old...sucks. shit my warranty will be out soon!
I just got the truck 6 months ago with 2000 miles on it....lol so i put 8000 on in 6 months :shrug:

but my dad had the truck for a year in the garage and only had....2000 miles on it, i go pop that bitch needs to be lowered..hes like nah itll sit in the garage for the rest of the time i own it...i was like :eek:mg: im buying it LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts