Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my truck up this afternoon and it ran really rough. Idle bumped up to 1000, then check engine and traction control light came on. Display reads: power reduced. Truck ran like crap going home, exhaust notes were popping at idle. Transmission kicks out into 2nd and power reduced.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Have you tested your battery? Maybe the voltage is low the PCM/BCM/TCM are not getting enough to operate correctly. All 3 seem to be in play on this one.

How often do you drive it?
Wouldn't that be the alternator and not the battery? 20 miles a day tops.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Have your vin checked for the tb tps recall on the GM 5.3 motors. I believe its posted on our site here someplace. Getting any codes to search?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have your vin checked for the tb tps recall on the GM 5.3 motors. I believe its posted on our site here someplace. Getting any codes to search?
I don't have a scanner. I heard about the tb recall. The check engine and the traction control lights are on.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fixed!! I changed PTB back to stock that I had on and was making noise. Just hooked up the battery after 3hrs and running smooth as silk. The PTB was making a growling noise and slightly bouncy idle, before todays episode. I'm glad a bought a spare TB.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts