Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well just braught my colorado in to the dealership today and they told me my cats were plugged....? but get this heres the retarted part i was not throwing any codes...???:dawg: good thing we have the 80,000 mile 8 year warranty on imission things even after we run out of regular warranty.:eek:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Truck issue

what prompted you to bring it in? was it running like crap?

I really need to bring mine in for a few things...34700 miles only 300 to go!

·
Registered
24 Posts

what prompted you to bring it in? was it running like crap?

I really need to bring mine in for a few things...34700 miles only 300 to go!
His truck was running like dogshit. At first, it was only a small problem, slight hesitation off the line...Mav ran a code scan, nothing...then, slowly, the truck started running more and more doggish, sucking in mass quantities of air and not blowing out the exhaust. Immediately, we think it's either a bad Flowmaster or a floating exhaust valve...again, no codes. Unbolt the exhaust, he takes it for a drive, still runs horribly. So, then, we were pretty sure it was the cat...

He took it to the dealership yesterday and they confirmed what we though...but yeah, it was really, really weird not to have at least one code...and, I've never seen a cat that plugged.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Just carbon build up? Dead mice? Socks?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

See, not that makes me worry because...my truck has gotten progressively slower...another thing that I can't quite figure out is...sometimes my exhaust is noisy other times its quiet...sometimes it resonates so bad I want to blow my brains out other times its tolerable...I may have to drop my exhaust and take a peek...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

your phonetic representation of how it sounded even makes me more curious if mine is slowly being clogged...damn these forums haha....

·
Registered
24 Posts

That's probably your problem Dave...if you'd ever make it to a meet, we could help you. :kiki2:

·
Registered
62 Posts

same thing happend to my sonoma ..... it got bad enough i had to tow it into to get the cats replaced .. then 4 months later GMC issued a recall for the cats on my year of sonoma

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts

i need to gut my cat sometime

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts

i need to gut my cat sometime
Don't you have a dog? Why not let him do it? I'm sure he'd enjoy it. :kiki:

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

My cat needed to be replaced at 34k or so.

·
Registered
24 Posts

I don't know if Biskit will provide an update, but I just spoke to him and he said he got his truck back from the dealership a few minutes ago...replace the cat and the subsequent piping (collector to collector) and it runs just fine.

I'd advise and oil and plug change dude. :lol:

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
The more I think about it the more this excess carbon bothers me. My WAG is that the emissions controls on the PCM are causing it.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The more I think about it the more this excess carbon bothers me. My WAG is that the emissions controls on the PCM are causing it.
there is lots...heh

Well am at my first appointment today, used a 1/4 tank getting here and its only 25 miles away from my house...trucks starting to run worse and worse, I have to almost floor it on the freeway to keep up with traffic...yee haw...

So me makes 3 people who have had to get their cats replaced that I know of...I'm at 35000 miles on the dot...anyone else had this issue? I'm thinking about not even taking it into the dealer and just getting a high flow cat and re-doing the whole exhaust since I need to anyway...thing is I won't have time to do any of this until next friday, I wonder if the truck will even stay drivable until then...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah...i dono if I can even afford to drive my truck for another week, haha

1 - 20 of 29 Posts