Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aight so i turn my truck on n everything lights up for about 5 seconds n then everything shuts off n that little truck with the lock pops up and doesnt do anything else?

ne ideas?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Security light... did you put the wrong key in the ignition or something? Or have you installed a new PCM recently (like just before this problem occured?)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i hooked my pcm back up i had it unhooked for a while...
becuase ive been stock flooring it n now its done n i dont know how to start my truck ha...

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Call the stealership... It's probably the passlock.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Take your truck to the dealership for warranty issues...haha I am sure they won't notice the BodyDrop.:econo: :355:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
If you had the PCM unhooked you'll probably have to do the security relearn before it'll start again. I don't have the instructions for it in front of me, but it's fairly easy to do.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i know its been a while since i posted but last i talked to the dealership they said that when that light is on i need to take it to the dealership so they can unlock it and it is going to cost anywhere to 100 - 300 bucks....

·
0 Posts
i know its been a while since i posted but last i talked to the dealership they said that when that light is on i need to take it to the dealership so they can unlock it and it is going to cost anywhere to 100 - 300 bucks....
I would call a few more and verify that answer...sometimes service writers don't know that much, really depends...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
all i have to say is fuck that 100-300 dollars, ill thrown a 305 i have in my truck before i take it to the dealership for them to bend me over n take my 300 bucks...

ha thats the way around it...

·
Registered
433 Posts
For the security relearn I think you try and start it, let it stay in the "on or run" position for 10 minutes, and repeat this 3 times and on the 4th time trying to start it it will start.....dunno if thats the problem your having but when I replaced my ECM thats what I had to do.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
aight so i turn my truck on n everything lights up for about 5 seconds n then everything shuts off n that little truck with the lock pops up and doesnt do anything else?

ne ideas?
i had the same prob it was right in the damn key switch!

·
Registered
577 Posts
if youre passlock isnt working i thought it would roll over but no fuel would enter the system. if youre key doesnt match the program you might try putting the key in the ignition for i think 30 minutes(with bat charger) with key position on. good luck.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
had the same problem...damn truck thought i was stealing it haha. ecm module had to be replaced as well as a new ignition cylinder...stealership took like $400 from me...sucked but i couldnt handle being stranded for 10-15 minutes every other time i got in my car

1 - 20 of 31 Posts