Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allrighty well my truck has been acting wierd lately...its been cold so i let my truck warm up for 5-10 minutes...ill drive down the road then come to a stop at a stop sign. When i try to go again my truck does not want to go it sputters and the more i push the gas the lower the rpm's go. So i throw it into neutral rev it a little bit pyt it back in gear and its like nothing was wrong...anybody else had this problem

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
yea...i did dude... i went through and replaced the filter, checked the belts, cleaned the TB, and dumped some seafoam in...once all that was done, i unhooked the battery for about 30mins to reset the comp...and it has been better even since....

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have 89000 miles on my truck...yah alot of miles.... but runeblade i have done all of that except checked the belts... I dont know what else to check or do

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
you did the computer reset?? only other thing i can think of is a possible belt issue...especially if your not getting any codes..... its also possible it needs to warm up more...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no it doesnt it just does it the one time and then does not due it untill i hsut the truck off let it set for a little bit and go again

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sounds like a MAF issue, but you said you cleaned it...crazy. Hopefully someone with more insight can help out.

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
dude i know you said you have already done it, but it sound like an air issue.....either the maf is fucking up or something else....i would clean the MAF again very carefull and see if that helps...if not replace the bitch.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
dude i know you said you have already done it, but it sound like an air issue.....either the maf is fucking up or something else....i would clean the MAF again very carefull and see if that helps...if not replace the bitch.
i agree. no other ideas what it could b. i would clean both again.fuc'n drive by wire if the shit gets real dirty with no actual cable to pull it open it'll run fuc'd up. my truck was runnin rough and my cel even came on took some advice from brewer and cleaned myTB runnin great now

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Its gotta be a MAF issue. As much as you guys praise this CRC MAF cleaner shit i was always told to never EVER touch or spray anything onto the MAF's hotwire in school. That being said your MAF could be fuckinup. Is there a CEL at all? What happens if you let it idle for say an hour?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Try not warming the engine up. Something to consider - if you allow the engine to warm up by idling you now have an engine that is putting out full power to a drivetrain that is still cold. This can't be good for the drivetrain in the long run.

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
what is a TB, MAF, and CEL

im not too keen on the electonics of our trucks.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Don't forget to clean the other TBs. They make a difference too with the idle. :D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
damn for20 you solved my problem...i forgot the put gas in it...i was wondering why my dic said low fuel... yes i fill the damn truck up every 3 days or so... where are the other tbs? i should prob clean them as well

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
mine was doing that last fall and i cleaned the throttle body bec it was dirty as fuck and after i did that it was fine it would rev a little high but i think that was because the truck was gettin use to the clean throttle body afer like 500miles it was fine..

here are the before and after pics!
before

after

hope this helps boss!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts