Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today im sitting in my truck idling, waiting for my son and I hear a mild groaning sound coming from the engine. I shut the truck off,come back in 5 minutes, start the truck and the check engine light comes on. Later on in the day, I start the truck( engine light now OFF) ,I pull out of the parking spot and the truck starts vibrating, when I shut off the traction control the vibration stops.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Today im sitting in my truck idling, waiting for my son and I hear a mild groaning sound coming from the engine. I shut the truck off,come back in 5 minutes, start the truck and the check engine light comes on. Later on in the day, I start the truck( engine light now OFF) ,I pull out of the parking spot and the truck starts vibrating, when I shut off the traction control the vibration stops.
Sounds like your locking differential is locked and not releasing. It's happened to me in the past. Try reversing 10-15 feet and it should release.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The truck stopped vibrating and engine light off, thank you!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
these G80 are a POS, going to swap mine out this summer, going with a gear
drive unit

·
Registered
244 Posts
these G80 are a POS, going to swap mine out this summer, going with a gear
drive unit
Yeah, the mechanical G80s are intended more for boat launches. They do suck for cornering.

I swapped to a clutch style limited slip on a modded Silverado I had with only like 1,500 miles on it. Costly, but really helped the handling.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New posi carrier upgrade is pricey, the other option I would think is a powertrax which installs inside the existing G80 carrier. If powertrax makes it for our rear.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Powertrax only fits in an open carrier, not G80 :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts