Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought an 09 canyon with a 3.7L i5, when i start it up in the morning, the truck runs amazing but when i put it in Drive, it will not rev up over 2000 rpm or exceed approx. 15km (sorry im canadian) at a stop sign i will put my truck back in to Park and then back into drive, and it shifts and drives incredibly? the truck has 128,000 KMS and when i purchased it from the dealer, the sheet said it just had a trans service done....but i pulled the dpstick and it was low so ive been topping it up. i also reverse my truck in my driveway...so the back end is up higher then the front

does it make any logical sense that there could be an air pocket in the fluid?

anybody have any potential fixes or has had this happen to them?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Maybe the filter popped out of the suction hole. It does sound like its fluid starved or bad torque converter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, regarding the torque converter, it drives fine after the problem.... Even if it's parked in my driveway it will work 100% fine? They said they add a conditioner I wonder if it's causing the issue

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I assume you have a steep driveway? Otherwise, why mention the driveway?

I don't have a solution, just tying to figure out why you discuss driveway parking as opposed to any other parking.

·
Registered
208 Posts
First off I would do an immediate filter and Dex6 replacement, any added conditioners are verboten per GM and more than likely was used to address/hide some type of drivability issue.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I'm not reading anything here that makes me think it's a transmission problem. You say it won't "rev up", which sounds like an accelerator issue. When it happens, he puts it in part, then back in drive and it works correctly. Why/how would this be a transmission problem?

·
Registered
208 Posts
You said it normally doesnt do this after parking overnight while level?

Only when parked at an angle overnight?

Almost sounds like it is draining internally into the pan and taking a short amount of time to "refill" internal passages etc.

How steep is your driveway/parking area?

Try this, pull into your driveway front end first and park overnight andsee what occurs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts