Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,571 Posts
A mobile automotive locksmith may have the equipment needed to diagnose a passlock issue. Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
One more question on this. From everything I've been reading on the passlock issue, that is lining up as the most likely suspect for my problem, with one exception. every thread that I have read that talks about this issue states that if they wait long enough the truck will go ahead and start after about 30 minutes. Mine will not start at all.
The passlock light does go out, after a few seconds after trying to start and leaving the key in the "on" position.

Could this be a PCM issue vice a passlock problem?

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Did you determine what wire was cut? Did you try reconnecting it? With a PassLock System that hasn't been mucked with, (wires cut, etc), if there is a problem, the security light will flash when starting is attempted.

PM sent.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The wire that was cut, was going to the ODB II, plug, once I started looking at it more, it was cut and reconnected...not sure what's up with that. I'm still in the same spot I was a couple weeks ago. Truck will turnover, it gets spark, it has 50lbs fuel pressure, Passlock light is OFF. When cranking no RPMs registering, but when I release the key, the tack will jump up to about 300 rpm, before the motor stops spinning. From everything I've read, it could be the ignition module, passlock components, the BCM or something else I haven't come across...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts