Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in today.. turned the key and it almost sounded like a dead battery. The message says...Traction Fault..ABS Fault...Service Stab system. No warning...I drove it two days ago...everything was fine. This is a 2010 V8 z71 crew cab with 31000 miles. Driven carefully by a 69 year old man. Ok... I do get on it every once in a while to exercise the EFI Live tune by Vengeance Racing.
Anyway I'm ready to call AAA and have carried to the dealer.
Any thoughts on what's going on?
Paul

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Yep battery. That's what mine did when battery was going out

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I've ready been drinkin' to drown my sorrows and to get ready to see Kyle Busch get slammed....so I'll jump it tomorrow... I really appreciate your input. Hopefully that's all it it is. Any thoughts on which battery?
Thanks again, Paul

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Well I've ready been drinkin' to drown my sorrows and to get ready to see Kyle Busch get slammed....so I'll jump it tomorrow... I really appreciate your input. Hopefully that's all it it is. Any thoughts on which battery?
Thanks again, Paul
Wow, you HAVE been drinking.

Or I was jipped and given just the one battery!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I meant which battery to buy. Sorry I didn't elaborate.
Have a real nice day my friend

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Any factory replacement battery will be fine.

Take it to a parts store and have it load tested. If it fails, purchase it on the spot and they may even keep you from having to get your hands dirty. :)

Plus it will save you a trip back to the store with the bad battery once you've replaced it. :)

Then hopefully all those dash lights will shut off for ya.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to "08 Canyon" and Rich for all the help in choosing a battery.

Wifey and I are going to proceed with the "jumping" process this morning. ( I said that for all you smart asses out there.) You may now proceed with flaming.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts