Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 2.8l won't start in the morning. Plenty of gas and the starter kicks over just fine. It doesn't get even close to freezing at night. Yesterday morning I went to start it to go to work and it wouldn't fire up. Went home after work to fix it and it fired right up. Over and over. Zero problems. This morning before work. Wouldn't fire up. Any ideas????

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Forgot to mention no codes are appearing on the dash and a code reader says no prior codes. Both mornings I tried to start it repeatedly. Still nothing. Been reading up on this. A lot of old posts are saying it sounds like a passlock issue. I do no have keyless entry or power doors /windows.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
The next time you experience this, take note of the dash icon of a truck with a padlock on it. If that light is on while attempting to start, then it is passlock.

Also, passlock is disabled in 10 minutes and the vehicle will usually start then.

No need to go into more detail until you confirm if you have a passlock condition or not.

·
Registered
278 Posts
As others have said, please take notice if there is a flashing light on your dash the next time the truck does not start. If there is it is most likely the passlock (which u have.)

As 08Canyon said, confirm or eliminate passlock being the problem and you can proceed to a fix from that point.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Passlock failures are as random as it gets. There is no pattern to when it occurs. In your case, it's just dumb luck that it happens in the morning. Sometimes people have it occur when they leave the grocery store. Or after they order lunch and head back to work. Or at 4:12 a.m.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Sorry, found this image from another member, but it's the best one showing Passlock light. This was OP knows what he's looking for.

passlock.jpg

·
Registered
634 Posts
The passlock is a major cock block. I took a Badass chick out shooting with me once. All was good until we got in the truck to leave and it didn't start. I didn't know Wtf at that time and that was the last time she ever hung out with me and my truck.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The passlock is a major cock block. I took a Badass chick out shooting with me once. All was good until we got in the truck to leave and it didn't start. I didn't know Wtf at that time and that was the last time she ever hung out with me and my truck.
Kinda off topic, but that post has the makings of a good country western song . . . :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay guys. Sorry for the delay but I've been waiting for the truck to not start. It's been doing awesome the past couple days. Now it's 530 in the morning and I'm stuck in my drive way. Engine kicks over but doesn't fire. The passlock icon is flashing while trying to start. Next step?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts