Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my cruise control went out along with my brake lights. So i took it in. Its most likely that recall shit. Anyone had this happen to them yet.

·
HO IT
2,153 Posts
That sucks. I haven't had either problem but I had the brake lights taken care of under warranty when I got the recall notice.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
:yeahthat:

Should be a quick fix for them. I had them do mine when I got an alignment done last year.

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
had my cruise done a year ago.. havent had a problem with the brakes yet.. but I've got the card thing from GM about getting them redone..

Whats invovled with do the brake recall?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
damn i got something in awhile back and i called them to see when to come in. and they said they dident have the part in stuck. they would order it and give me a call when to bring the truck and never heard back from them and forgot about it intell now. i forgot what it was for though!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
ok its a recall for BRAKE LAMPS INOPERATIVE OR CONTINUOUSE ILLUMINATION
that it. I think its a problem with the brake switch. Once that is not working, your cruise control will not work, because that is one of the things that will turn off the cruise control. So this is all the same problem and I think is just a replacement brake pedal switch.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
^ Yeah the plastic part overheats and melts so the brake lamps become inoperative. And like you said no brake lights = no cruise control.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My fucken brake lights went out the day we had a SoCal meet and i was driving back from LA to SB and a car almost hit the back. He was mad but he also let me know my brakes were out. I took the car back to the dealer and talked mad smack and they got it fixed with in an hour. I was mad but hope the cruise control is good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts