Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i did a search and newer models came with actual black interior is that right

if so what year did it start

i have dark pewter on my 05 was that the darkest from factory during that year

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Mine was an 08 and it was black, it either started in 07 or 08, but I believe it was 07.

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
Ebony was first introduced in 2007.

Chevrolet Colorado Interior Colors
2004: Medium Dark Pewter, Sport Pewter, Very Dark Pewter
2005: Medium Dark Pewter, Sport Pewter, Very Dark Pewter
2006: Light Cashmere, Medium Pewter, Very Dark Pewter
2007: Ebony, Light Cashmere, Medium Pewter, Very Dark Pewter
2008: Ebony, Light Cashmere/Ebony, Medium Pewter
2009: Ebony, Light Cashmere, Light Cashmere/Ebony, Medium Pewter
2010: Ebony, Ebony/Light Cashmere Inserts, Light Cashmere, Light Cashmere/Ebony, Medium Pewter
2011: Ebony, Ebony/Light Cashmere, Ebony, Ebony/Light Cashmere Inserts, Medium Pewter
2012: Ebony, Ebony/Light Cashmere, Medium Pewter

GMC Canyon Interior Colors
2004: Dark Pewter, Pewter
2005: Dark Pewter, Pewter
2006: Dark Pewter, Light Tan, Pewter
2007: Ebony, Light Tan, Pewter
2008: Ebony, Light Tan, Medium Pewter
2009: Ebony, Light Tan, Medium Pewter
2010: Ebony, Light Tan, Medium Pewter
2011: Ebony, Light Tan, Medium Pewter
2012: Ebony, Light Tan

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Interesting, the parts websites have the ebony color listed from 2006+ on the interior items.

Any chance the very dark pewter & ebony are the same color?

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I just checked my glove box and it says 19J which is the color code for the ebony interior color on a 2007 truck. It's good to know the interior is the ebony color but it appears more of a very dark brown in color during the daylight. I've also seen this same ebony color on some 2006 Xtreme trucks, so it makes me curious as to why it started in 2008?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I ordered a 2007 in March of 2007, built in April. Production of 2007 models ended in May. It came with ebony (Black) interior. I had the grey version (2004 Colorado, dark pewter interior) so I know what that looked like. It started in 2007 or before. That I know. I also saw them on dealers lots in very early 2007.

·
Registered
486 Posts
The Very Dark Pewter is like a dark gray, while Ebony is black. While they may look similar in pictures, they're definitely different colors.

I'm referring to door panels and seats. Some trim pieces were ebony prior to 2008, a/c vents, door handles, etc.
Absolutely correct. It's funny how you can't always tell the difference from dark grey and ebony in photos. ( My interior door handles are black, not chrome. That started the next year.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts