Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need help, I purchased an autometer sport comp boost gauge, and I'm not sure of how to install it. I know it should connect to the port in the back of the supercharger towards the passenger side, the port that is currently cover with a rubber cap. But there is no fitting included that will adapt the small clear line to the metal port. I'm wondering how you guys got around this? Is there an adapter out there? Link to the gauge I bought:

Auto Meter - Gauges

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
Go to Advance or Autozone, they have a package of adapters in the aisle with all the vacuum and fuel line stuff. I'm not familiar with the port size on the TVS1900 but it should be something standard and I bet one of the adapters will be what you need.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
^^ good advice there; should only cost a couple dollars.

You could also try looking on performancetrucks.net too, lots of info on the TVS on there

·
Registered
641 Posts
If the gauge came with any small barbed male fittings, you can poke a hole in the rubber cap and push the fitting in. The barb will keep it in place. The rubber cap needs to be in good condition for this to last though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
So I need help, I purchased an autometer sport comp boost gauge, and I'm not sure of how to install it. I know it should connect to the port in the back of the supercharger towards the passenger side, the port that is currently cover with a rubber cap. But there is no fitting included that will adapt the small clear line to the metal port. I'm wondering how you guys got around this? Is there an adapter out there? Link to the gauge I bought:

Auto Meter - Gauges
See if these help. AutoMeter Boost & Fuel-Pressure connected to TVS-1900 on 5.3l LH9

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
I am probably wrong but can't you just tap into a vacuum line like the one for the brake booster. I thought boost gauges were basicly vacuum gauges.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
ronvc, where did you get that double gauge pod from ?
I am looking for a set like that for my AEM wide band gauge and
vac gauge

1 - 11 of 11 Posts