Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing a lot of rim shopping online and finally narrowed it down to the Tuff T 10 rims in either 17's or 18's. they are 17x9 and 18x9. the 18's im looking at have a +10 offset. any issues with rub on the 18's? i haven't decided on which all terrain tires yet but my truck (08 z71) is lifted 2 inches front and back. right now im running factory 15's.

18 inch 18x9 Tuff T 10 Gloss Black Chrome Wheel Rim 6x5 5 6x139 7 10 | eBay

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
If we are going to suggest an offset, just use the calculator to find what gives you about 4.5" of backspace. That will set the tire/wheel assembly nicely with the Z71 fender flares.

I have a Z85 and my wheels are 8.5"w, +12 (I think). The backspace is something like 5" or 5.25". The 265mm tires clear the sway bar by the width of my finger.

8" wide -13mm offset is 4" backspace. For me, that is too deep and I don't think it looks nice. Personal opinion though. Our trucks, to me, look even shorter and squatty with wide offset tires. And it looks like a mistake, such as the buyer did whatever it took to fit a tire under the fender even though it looks crap.
Put a lift under it and that changes the appearance, but a torsion crank and wide wheels...not my favorite.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
That is seriously -13 8" wide?
I see they are poking, but for that size tire they don't look like they poke that far. The specs of yours and mine are way different and you don't poke as far differently as mine.

Maybe it's the angle. I can definitely tell the rear is poking out though.

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
Cute truck

·
Registered
257 Posts
That is seriously -13 8" wide?
I see they are poking, but for that size tire they don't look like they poke that far. The specs of yours and mine are way different and you don't poke as far differently as mine.

Maybe it's the angle. I can definitely tell the rear is poking out though.

I'll post better shots on my lunch break for you

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
510 Posts
Show more pics of your truck!

·
Registered
257 Posts
That is right, your axle is narrower than the Z71 also, and you have about 3/4 of an inch less backspace. Personally, I wish I had saved a few more dollars and bought my wheels with a 4

inch backspace, but I was in a hurry.

I wish I woulda went with the 20" on mine. Especially since it's a pavement princess haha or at least 18's

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 23 Posts