Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where to go to get a tune on my v8 done in Northern Cali? Also, wondering what an average price is. I am new to having tunes done and want to get an idea in case I throw a CEL after removing second cat.

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
Closest place to you I know is in Bakersfield... Cal Speed I think it's called. I think the price was around $250. However if you just looking for a basic tune and to shut off CELs then check out lime-swap on here.

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
Get with Matt @AceX, he has a tuner with a dyno in Sacramento

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Go to some of your local shops and ask if they know of anybody who tunes vehicles.

There is a guy in my town who does them on his own, but has a day job. I thought this one shop did the work, but the dude there gave me the name of another dude at a dealership. He actually used to sells cars (didn't know until I walked in and realized he sold me a car years ago). Now it's a service writer. But he owns HP Tuners software and will do it on the side.

He was going to charge me the normal $75/credit x2 (takes 2 credits to unlocks the system) then whatever labor. It was going to be like $200 to fix my shift points and correct the speedometer for my tire size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts