Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haha. so swed and I spent like 6 hours tuning the truck tonight, and all I can say is holy fucking shit. I never thought that a crew cab could haul ass like that. It was fucking amazing. Fuel economy is shot...but fuckit ive got power. For any of you that do tune however we ran into 2 issues we currently cant explain. The first is that the truck is not following commanded AFR. We are seeing it drop as low as 10.1 under high RPMS and 2nd to 3rd shift. The other one is we tried to run the monitoring software with the closed loop disabled to gather info, but when we turn the feature off, the software returns" OPEN LOOP NOT READY" error and just stays like that. Thanks guys!! oh yeah its an 04 I-5 Z71 CC :355group:

·
Bagged Bomber
10,954 Posts
Nice man any guesses at HP increase?

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not a clue at this part as far as HP goes. We still have somemore to do on it. We have my spark tables down pretty good. But we are going to do more fine tuning over the upcoming weekends. At this point though its enough that from a dead stop, if i stomp on the gas i can spin the rears.

badazz- definatly man...it makes a world of difference...In my case I think fuel econ is going down because at the higher band we hav it just dumping fuel.

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so they did the warranty work for you then? Yeah man...that sucks...you gonna have to have phillip reflash you. mines better though. Cause we took philips base...added sweds mods....and started tuning the shit outta it. Had alot of drive time and we still arent done... hehehe

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
so they did the warranty work for you then? Yeah man...that sucks...you gonna have to have phillip reflash you. mines better though. Cause we took philips base...added sweds mods....and started tuning the shit outta it. Had alot of drive time and we still arent done... hehehe
nope I just noticed it was reflashed my speedometer went bcak. I'll have to have philip tune mine like yours. I need it to shift firmer.

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah dude... swed and i spent like 6-7 hours tuning the truck...driving around...tweaking..driving around again. I dont think you will be able to get philip to commit to that. :shrug: His is a good base tune, but we really altered a number of things. Thats one thing that swed is gonna talk to hi about. I almost think that mine is too firm. That and its seems to really liek OD.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
can't philip just use some of the pieces of the tune that you and swed came up with and just program it on mine?

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
prob not...but i dont know. the thing is in my case it was alot of data logging that we did. and we adjusted from there. I had alot of knock so we had to adjust that quite a bit. Its prob not something that you want on your truck. Philips tune is good, its just that like for anything, if you want precision tuning its gonna take a hell of alot of time. Also this was sweds first I-5...so its a learning project too. That and my tune still is not complete. Its gonna take a couple more weekends to get it better.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
ah ok. I think you just want your truck better than mine. :lol: :lmao:

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ah ok. I think you just want your truck better than mine. :lol: :lmao:
I dont know what would ever make you think that :lmao: but in allr eality. Its along process. We stopped last night at about 230am

1 - 13 of 13 Posts