Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been lurking on the forum and had a question about transmission mounts for my 2007. I saw there’s a swap kit in the classifieds but it doesn’t come with a transmission crossmember. Thinking about swapping my truck, no turbo in the beginning, but don’t know what to do about the transmission crossmember. Can I use my stock crossmember? My truck is an auto. The kit says it comes with Current Performance motor mounts.
I appreciate any help.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Canyon RCSB, Turbo ls
12 Posts
hey
i am currently building a 07 Canyon with a turbo ls and 4l80e, luckily the truck was previously fitted with a ls 4l80e combo but all they did was use the stock trans crossmember, and section cut the center and welded 1" square tube and extended it back about 4 inches roughly to adapt to the 4l80

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just finished my turbo LS w/4l80e swap using Current Performance motor mounts. I ended up reusing the stock trans crossmember. I attached the crossmember to the trans and jacked it up into position. Then marked for 4 new holes on the frame. Put 4 bolts with washers through holes in the side of the frame and down into the newly drilled holes. No problems so far. All in all I think it moved back about 3 inches from the stock crossmember mounting holes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I did the same as SilentSteel did, but I used the JTR crossmember, my truck is dropped and the hideous stock cross member would hit everywhere.

This picture is not mine, but I used it as reference for what I did, JTR piece is very well made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'05 crew cab Canyon, swapping to 6.0 L96Vortex
100 Posts
Is moving the transmission mount back an inch or two (or 3) pretty standard on a V8 swap? Too close to the firewall?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Any clearance issues on the 4l80e?
I used some 90 degree elbows for my cooling lines for clearance. They are a bit close to the tunnel walls but I didn’t need to hammer anything. Overall it fits nicely.
i used AN fittings for the trans lines and had to hammer one little spot in the tunnel to clear the front line. no clearance issues to the case.

the low profile trans mount above is VERY nice. you can get as creative as you want. i went quick and cheap with the stock crossmember. mocked it up in vehicle, used the 2 bolts seen to locate the plate. pulled the whole crossmember and welded it up with some bracing. nothing fancy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts