Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I ran into town, got oil, a filter, and some injector cleaner. Signals worked fine. Came home changed oil. Ran to the gas station a couple times after changing oil. Everything worked fine.

Today, I took my oldest daughter into town to get a new fish for her tank. First time I hit my signal, it made the standard noise, then blinked FAST and back to normal. Just like a bad light. The signal lights on the front are only about 1 month old. This continued at each stop with a right hand turn. Pulled out my laptop to scan voltage since this was odd and my radar detector wasn't turning on and reading "Low Voltage" (checked the inline fuse)- battery light on my laptop charger kept blinking for power to it cycling. Couldn't even scan because not enough/no consistant power to ALDL plug.

Several miles down the road, when I hit my RIGHT blinker, the LEFT arrow on the dash AND LEFT blinker blinked. NOT the RIGHT. When I would hit the left, nothing would happen. No arrow and no blinker. Double checked all of this once we got parked. Still couldn't scan with my laptop.

Checked the battery connections in the parking lot. All were fine.

Got home, pulled all the bulbs and related fuses, none looked bad. Then my emergency flashers wouldn't work. Then they did again. Blinkers were still bonkers. Still Left turn activates right blinker and arrow. Sometimes with door shut. Sometimes with door open. All interior and dash lights work.

Unplugged the trailer harness. Didn't help or change a thing.

Disconnected the negative battery cable for about 1 hour. Plugged it back in. Signals didn't work, nor did the flashers. Still little to no power to the aux power 1 and 2.

Tried again 45 minutes later. Flashers worked. No turn signals at all. Aux 1 and 2 power is cycling off and on. Doesn't matter if truck is running or not.

All of that being said, am I that far off on thinking BCM, or is there something else I need to look at first?

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
How about the grounding block behind the air box? Cleaning that a couple of years ago fixed a bunch of ghost problems I had. Just a thought.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you guys much appreciated! Cleaning the splice box connectors on both sides and made sure to grind it down to bare metal.so far it works. I will know for sure tomorrow since I have a 400 mile round trip.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Gotta be a ground....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts