Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am swapping my 07’ 3.7 liter for a 2004 5.3 liter iron block. I already have problems with my center support bearing as is with stock power. Mostly because something is not right with the two piece I have now and is causing a lot of pulling pressure on the center support bearing. I had to replace it twice already and when I go to put it back in when I bolt in the very rear U-joint it falls about 1/2”-1” short and I have to suck it up and that already puts a lot of pressure on it. I can’t start fast from a stop sign or light because it feels like the rear end is about to jump out and the bearing ends up ripping itself apart. So anyways, my question is is there anyone out there that has or knows of someone that has done a 2-1 piece shaft conversation on an extended cab Colorado? And if not I know for sure there are guys out there that have done a high HP swap and is still using the stock driveshaft so I just want to know what to look for and what I can do. Or even at the bare minimum try to find out why it’s not lining up correctly and causing problems in the first place. TIA!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts