Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so got around to installing the TYC led tails on my truck today. When you turn the lights on everything lights up all nice and purdy....but when I hit the brakes the LEDs turn off and only my 3rd brake light comes on. Just wondering if this is what is supposed to happen or is there something messed up with the lights? Though the whole point of brake lights is that they are supposed to light up lol. Just wondering if anyone that has them could give me some insight.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
did you buy them used? the 1st gens there was something wrong with the wirin

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
did you buy them used? the 1st gens there was something wrong with the wirin
I've had 1st gens since they came out basically, my trailer harness was ripped out during towing and my LED third brake light was a piece of trash so I just went back to the stocker. Everything works fine, and always has... like the others said there is something making them act that way, if you have a friend with a colorado ask to try them on his/hers to see if they work on another truck.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't even think of it when I PM'ed you back, Turbo, but Brewer here reminded me.

Definitely sounds like you have the trailer harness plugged in....

Crap that must be it. Gunna run down now and unhook it and see if it works. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dumbass :kiki2:
HAHA like you knew jackass. Who would think that a stupid hitch harness would screw things up anyways.

And Hoodstar ill post some pics up later. Im sure they would look nice as hell on a red truck.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup...just gotta unplug the hitch harness from the drivers side and plug the TYC's right in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts