Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to put my TYCs back on yesterday.

At first the drivers side tail wouldnt light for having lights on, but eventually resovled itself.

Started my truck this morning and the lights came on just fine. Started driving and after I got on the interstate I noticed my turn signals were flashing fast. I looks in my mirrors and saw they were flashing. I got to work and noticed my drivers side was out (except the marker part) and the passengers side was flickering. Turned the lights off and back on and they wouldnt come on except for the markers part. Hit the brake light and the passenger came back on but still flcikering. I tried the brakes and turn signals with the lights off and they worked fine there. So now my issue is with night time driving with them grrr.

I do have a trailer harness on the truck and I noticed yesterday the connector was pretty badly corroded so I'm wondering if thats what is causing my issue. I unhook it from the wiring after work and see if that makes a difference. If not tails are coming off today.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
I would have to guess it's the trailer wiring? How does the trailer wiring connect? Cause don't the tails just plug into like a "block" with a bunch of other plugs under the bed?

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have to guess it's the trailer wiring? How does the trailer wiring connect? Cause don't the tails just plug into like a "block" with a bunch of other plugs under the bed?
yeah and my harness is tapped right into the plug part for the drivers side. so that will be my first thing to try when I get home.

I'm just glad my daylight lighting will be fine

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Well if the hitch doesn't resolve the issue i'll just say this if you shake them they'll either die the whole way or you'll find out if everything is ok internally :lol: Ask me how I know ;)

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its the trailer wiring connecter....Unplug it and drive around like that and see if it does it again.
you mean unwire it ;-) the trailer harness is spliced into my rear lighting harness.

but yeah I plan to unwire it today after work

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts
The TYCs will not work with any trailer wiring harness. Trust me, I've tried all of them 2 years ago when I first got mine. We are still working with TYC to resolve the issue.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The TYCs will not work with any trailer wiring harness. Trust me, I've tried all of them 2 years ago when I first got mine. We are still working with TYC to resolve the issue.
they worked fine before the winter I just think my harness due to being corroded from the salt and what not mixed with water is causing my issue

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I removed the hitch harness out of the equation and still having issues passenger seemed fine but the drivers side was flickering. So I swapped my factory tails back on. I'll have my dad and I open them up and check the electronics of them.

but I guess if I need new tails I'm not seeing any red ones on EBAY right now I may hold off till the new gen set come out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts