Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
2012 Colorado 2wd z85 crewcab. Completely stock for now.
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought and installed a soft trifold tonneau cover. Got it off Amazon for $226 shipped. I bought it for mpg gains and so I can put a small box in the bed to hold my roadside emergency stuff. Otherwise those items were just on the floor in the back seat. The kids would walk all over them to get to their car seats.

Anyway it Looks really nice, fits pretty good. We'll see how it holds up to this Arizona 馃尀. Anybody recommend a cleaner/protector for these vinyl covers?
IMG_20201001_155716149_HDR.jpg IMG_20201001_155728710.jpg IMG_20201001_155742828_HDR.jpg

Premium Member
Stay away from anything petroleum based. Not knowing the exact makeup of the material in the cover, I would suggest a silicone base conditioner with UV blockers. What does the manufacturer of the cover suggest? Since it was new, was there a 'how to care for' section in any of the supplied paperwork?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Stay away from anything petroleum based. Not knowing the exact makeup of the material in the cover, I would suggest a silicone base conditioner with UV blockers. What does the manufacturer of the cover suggest? Since it was new, was there a 'how to care for' section in any of the supplied paperwork?
There wasn't any care instruction. I looked right away. I'll look on their site to see if they recommend anything. But yeah I have see a few YouTube vids saying to use silicon based or water based products.

Registered
Just curious. How does yours roll or fold back? I recently bought a 2015 canyon that came with a hard cover. I want to replace it with a soft one because I can鈥檛 put things in the back that are taller than the truck bed. It really restricts what I can put in the bed of the truck

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Just curious. How does yours roll or fold back? I recently bought a 2015 canyon that came with a hard cover. I want to replace it with a soft one because I can鈥檛 put things in the back that are taller than the truck bed. It really restricts what I can put in the bed of the truck
It's a tri fold.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE

I have returned this cover fyi. The vinyl started to wrinkle towards the back right above the tailgate. Also it started forming creases in the spots where it folds. I only folded it up maybe two times. Not Sure what the probably was but I wasn't satisfied so I made the return before my window closed.

Now I'll have to save up for something like a bakflip g2 or something.

Registered
UPDATE

I have returned this cover fyi. The vinyl started to wrinkle towards the back right above the tailgate. Also it started forming creases in the spots where it folds. I only folded it up maybe two times. Not Sure what the probably was but I wasn't satisfied so I made the return before my window closed.

Now I'll have to save up for something like a bakflip g2 or something.
I would recommend the Bakflip g2 tonneau cover if you are looking for something super sturdy. If you prefer a cloth cover (like I do) then i would recommend the TruXedo Lo Pro. To protect the cloth, I recommend using a solvent based trim restorer or even a solvent based tire shine.When you are done applying the dressing, wipe the cover off one last time to wipe off any "high spots" in it so when he sun hits it, it will not look darker in some areas. I am a detailer so if you would like some links to some plastic restorers/ tire dressings, then just let me know and ill be happy to help (y). other than that, good luck!
https://realtruck.com/p/truxedo-lo-pro-tonneau-cover/v/chevy/colorado/2008/

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
I would recommend the Bakflip g2 tonneau cover if you are looking for something super sturdy. If you prefer a cloth cover (like I do) then i would recommend the TruXedo Lo Pro. To protect the cloth, I recommend using a solvent based trim restorer or even a solvent based tire shine.When you are done applying the dressing, wipe the cover off one last time to wipe off any "high spots" in it so when he sun hits it, it will not look darker in some areas. I am a detailer so if you would like some links to some plastic restorers/ tire dressings, then just let me know and ill be happy to help (y). other than that, good luck!
2008 Chevy Colorado TruXedo Lo Pro Tonneau Cover
Thanks for the info bro. I think I like the hard cover design better. That bakflip really looks good to me. Especially how low profile it is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts