Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trucks up in the air right now in my garage, i bought some ranchos for the front, hit 55k thought it was time to replace em since i replaced the back also.. uhmmm question though..

i cant get the old suckers off, and I feel REALLY dumb.. but the top bolt instead of coming off is just spinning the whole nut shaft inside the shock or something, havent attempted the other side yet... it just wont come off no matter which way i turn it. i tried with the bottom bolted in place and loose, when its loose the whole shock just spins with the nut and shaft.. i even put a pair of pliers on the bolt and tried to break the nut free with a wrench and hammer thinking it was just rusted in but it doesnt budge... what gives..... whos done this before. am i just being really dumb?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you can put a allen key in the end of the stud to keep the shaft from moving.
really, let me go check, weird tho cause i had a pair of vice grips on there to keep it from moving just to see if i could break the nut free and that didnt even help, but ill give it a look anyway

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah ha, you are right. thanks
i love this site, i woulda been out there all day banging at it with a hammer

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i got the right key but that suckers in there GOOD.
all rusted on, i put some nut fluid on it to looses it up hopefully ill get it after that soaks in

1 - 12 of 12 Posts