Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Uncle Ben's Long Grain Rice!!! -- Borla on my I4

I had my exhaust done yesterday...Brola ProXS dumped before the axle/right after the muffler on my I4 with my AEM intake.

First video is of it from the inside of the cabin and the second video is from the outside.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I was weary of the drone for the first 10 miles or so. But I've probably put about 25 miles since, and it's smoothed out considerably.

I'm sure this isn't the end of the break in either. Can only get better from here. ;)
cool. i got a magnaflow and its not loud at all. its dumped b4 the axle w/ a turn down. so its barely noticable from the outside unless you stick your head by the right rear tire. inside the cab its noticable but not horrible at all. so im wondering if the dump is was i cant hear my exhaust very well when my windows are down. not even at WOT i can hear it. i wanna be able to hear it. my KN FIPK is loud as a m/f and sounds over everything! some say guttin the manifold cat will make it louder.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's weird. You sure it's a magnaflow? lol.

IWA100 has a magnaflow on his I4 and it sounds louder than mine does....

Although his isn't dumped. He has piping all the way back and exits out behind the rear tire.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I was weary of the drone for the first 10 miles or so. But I've probably put about 25 miles since, and it's smoothed out considerably.

I'm sure this isn't the end of the break in either. Can only get better from here. ;)
That's weird. You sure it's a magnaflow? lol.

IWA100 has a magnaflow on his I4 and it sounds louder than mine does....

Although his isn't dumped. He has piping all the way back and exits out behind the rear tire.
positive. i bought it used from a customer where i work. he had it on a 07 t/b ss. replaced it w/ a borla. he complained of the same thing, "not aggressive enough" idk what the problem is. i just want it to be a little more noticable (aggressive!).

·
Registered
839 Posts
iwa100 now has a gutted kitty, his truck is pretty loud now especially with the intake!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Dude you don't need to have your truck tested until 2011. Lol what are you worried about? Plus I have people that can remedy that problem anyways. So don't trip crip.

and ya its pretty loud.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sounds good. I'll bust out my video camera and take a real video rather than a digital camera one with a shitty mic.

Unfortunately my desktop isnt up and running since I need to order a new hard drive for it and my laptop doesn't have a firewire port on it so I can't get the video onto here.

So if anyone around here has a firewire pc card or something that would be great...or even a computer with a firewire port.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update:

The drone in the cab is still pretty wicked. lol. Love the sound though. Wouldn't change a thing.

And I don't know what it is, but I've been setting off car alarms left and right. I don't think it's loud, let alone loud enough to set alarms off.... :shrug:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts