Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to do some led bars under the truck that come on when the the interior lights are on. My question is what is the best way to wire these in and has anyone done it yet. I am looking into white leds. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
if yoou have anything before an 09, you can wire them to your footwells... anything after that you'd have to wire from the dome light.
:yeahthat:

The wires for the dome light run under the headliner from the dome light towards the front and down the driver's side A-pillar. Popping the drivers side A-pillar interior cover provides the easiest access. The passenger side kick panel is also any easy spot for access). The wires are Orange (+) and White (-). The white wire controls the switching via the BCM.

·
Registered
96 Posts
it also wont hurt to run them off of a relay using the dome light/footwell light wire as the "switching" wire that way there is less stress on the fuse/circuit of the dome light. well thats just what i would do, and if you need help with the wiring of a relay, there should be a diagram in the "aftermarket foglights that look stock" thread or on the12volt.com under the relays section. you could use the relay for "remote wire"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts