Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
I came over here from the Jeep community. Unfortunately, I'll probably be returning. POR-15 was basically the rockstar of undercoating with Jeeps, and we put our Jeeps through some shit.

Photo of above stated Jeep...

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
What steps would you take to apply Por 15 to an already-corroded chassis?

·
Registered
237 Posts
What steps would you take to apply Por 15 to an already-corroded chassis?
I would try try to rid yourself of as much of the corrosion as possible. For surface rust, I used a heavy wire brush, then 80 grit, then dusted it off with a little hand broom, then apply.

If you've got holes & shit, you've got more worries.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
No holes, thankfully.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I work and a plant and do undercoating... only think I'm gonna say is absolutely do not use the loctite undercoating it is awful I hate it we have a waterbased undercoat that we use primarily and use the loctite for touch-up and I absolutely hate it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
I just purchased my 05 Colorado with
84000 miles. The undercarriage is very
Clean. Any suggestions on undercoating?
obviously just like paint prep is the key... whenever I paint anything after sanding I use a a product called metal-prep made by dupont. It etches the metal chemically and WORKS REALLY good. It is a water based product and you just wipe it on after you mix it with water 50/50
and rinse off with water and cover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.