Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay well I have a 05 crew cab colorado thats black and its a pain in the ass to keep clean. Its lifted and I offroad it quite a bit so naturally dirt gets everywhere. So of course, my engine bay is filthy (which in part is why i havent uploaded any engine bay pics to the garage section). Now I dont care about getting it spotless or anything, but what would be a good way to say rinse it off. Make it look a little prettier. Doesnt need to be a deep clean or anything though.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
low psi hot water basicly take it to a do it ur self wash

·
Monkey Slut!
9,474 Posts
Buy some engine brite and spray everything with it, let it sit for about 10 mins and wash off with the hose.. Just cover up your coil packs and your intake if it's not in the stock box.

·
Registered
785 Posts
We use a degreaser at work and it works great. We just wet down the engine, spray this degreaser, scrub with soap and water (just a car wash brush) then hose it off. We have done easily 100+ engines and never had a problem

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys. gonna go out and do that tommorow

·
Super Moderator
13,733 Posts
For the most part, I just use car wash soap, water and a rag. Now granted my truck never sees much dirt, let alone any off-roading. Simple Green works pretty good on grease, just make sure the engine isn't hot or it'll start to cook and get kinda funky on the aluminum parts. Adam's All Purpose Cleaner works great too.

If I really want it detailed nice I follow up with some of Adam's SRVT and some Adam's In and Out Spray.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Don't lie, your trucks never dirty. :kiki:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts