Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just recently got my truck and whenever I use my remote to unlock my truck the thing honks twice. Is there a way to change those settings or is that a dealership thing only?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
No you can change it... look inside your manual and it tells you how to change it. u have to hold down something then click something... I dunno.

I remember changing mine when I first got it.

X

·
0 Posts
you have to hold the lock and unlock while the key is in the ignition. its all in the manual.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
o man after i got my remote starter it no longer beeps. im so going to need to go try and mess with that tomm

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
o man after i got my remote starter it no longer beeps. im so going to need to go try and mess with that tomm[/QUOTEYour going to love that starter . ( cool or hot days its the best deal )
glen43 ( old man )

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
yah mine doesnt do that anymore...I think the remote start kit i got did a factory disarm on my alarm. But I remember when i first got my truck it would honk once for lock and twice for unlock. The manuals instructions confused me but i found somehwere a writeup i think on *the other* site on how to do it. Key in ignition click remote a bunch of times and its supposed to change it between a number of configurations.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
o i got the remote starter last year for christmas...I LOVE IT!! haha its nice to not go start up my truck on those cold winter mornings then go back inside and wait...i just eat my cereal and press a button hahahaha cant get enough of it!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok guys got my truck back today and checked the owners manual. With the key out of the ignition and the ignition in lock...Hold the lock and unlock button at the same time until the message center says RTR #(I think that was the letters) each number is a different setup (there's four different ones) Then you hold your trip reset button for 2 secs each time you want to change from one to the other. At least that's how my 04 is

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
wait, what??? i have the remote doors and mine has never honked. i have an 07 though, so maybe it was different???

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
What page is that on I couldnt find it. There are 4 different settings does anyone know the diffrence? seem all the same to me. ahaha

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Fuckkk my truck is a piece of shit
after its locked for a few minutes and then i click the unlock button it beeps softly 3 times. WTF!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts