Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
the LS7 engine costs almost 13K for the engine alone probably looking at a 20K+ job all said and done might as well buy a bone stock colorado and just gut it stick in a 6-speed Tremec and a big ass rear end

·
Bagged Bomber
10,954 Posts
I dont know I saw on a site the LS7 was 22K for a turn key crate.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hi everyone,I have had my ls6 xtreme on the street for a year or so, it could not be more fun to drive. ls eng stuff from your chev dlr. is very reansonable, the fit is easy, tons of room, stock rad. cools in phx with 2 big spals, 4l60 with a little beefing up is fine (switching to six speed next week) the giant problem for me has been the harness and ecm's, still not quite right, haness has been in and out six times$$$$$$$ If you swap, use an ls2 with 56 tooth rel. wheel, will make it much easier. Even with all the headaches it is so much fun and gas mileage is the same or better than the five cyl.The six speed will really help mpg. at high cruiseing speeds.

·
Registered
321 Posts
i'm def doin this next year.... i found 2 ls1's with 150k for $1400 a piece... so a nice rebuild on one and i'm set! :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well now that there is going to be a 5.3 canyon/colorado,

Shouldn't all the ancillary parts be a lot easier to come across, just going to the GM dealership, buying ECM's and harnesses, shouldn't that be the easy part once the trucks are in production ?

Because I think I am going to put the 5.3 in my single cab, make it a true prerunner :)

-EA

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Well now that there is going to be a 5.3 canyon/colorado,

Shouldn't all the ancillary parts be a lot easier to come across, just going to the GM dealership, buying ECM's and harnesses, shouldn't that be the easy part once the trucks are in production ?

Because I think I am going to put the 5.3 in my single cab, make it a true prerunner :)

-EA
sure you pretty much could buy anything from the dealer now...but you'll probably pay a shit load.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Probably, but I have done motor swaps before and having a tried and true manufacturers part instead of some rigged piece. . . it is a piece of mind that you pay for.

-EA

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
I know it was linked but not all people take time to read from the beginning if I am not mistaken.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
I know it was linked but not all people take time to read from the beginning if I am not mistaken.
if they were planning the swap I'm sure they would :lol: even if they didn't read the entire first post why would they read the other 75 posts?lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am going to do a LS2 swap and keep reading that you can use the stock transmission already in the colorado if you change the input shaft and bellhousing. Does anybody know where to find these and what the part numbers are?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Re: V8 Colorado Swap Guide, Links and Video's

If you check Southern Performance Systems: 'SPSEngines' Turn Key Engine Packages, they sell new and used engines they have right now some GTOs LS2 w/tranny, all accessories and harness for about 7-8 g's dependig on the tranny(auto or manual). Regarding the 7,000 for parts i think that's alot cause they are already charging you 3 g's for labor. I better doit myself.

Z

·
0 Posts
Re: V8 Colorado Swap Guide, Links and Video's

So, the motor mounts are completely bolt on? hmm, interesting.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have a 92 camaro L98, 700R4 tranny, i want to put it in my 2006 Canyon, dont know anything about the swap, any help is welcome. wpould like to use all i can crom the Canny. its lifted 3 inches, performance off road shocks, i made the lift my self, if i get pointed in the right direction i can do the swap.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts